Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ayecheewowow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 02:40 PM
    How active should my adult chihuahua be?
    My spayed 18 month old female chihuahua seems to be less active than normal. She plays and is active when we play with her or take her outside, but if nothing is going on she'll just curl up and sleep. Sometimes she'll even go back upstairs and get in the bed under the covers to sleep. While she is bigger than most, she is not grossly overweight or obese. She has always been a picky eater, but her appetite seems fine.

So, my question is: Is it normal for a "lap dog" such as a chihuahua to want to lay around and sleep all day? I don't expect her to herd sheep, but I'd like to know that she's healthy and happy, normal for the breed. Any chihuahua owners know the answer? :confused:
    kittycatMandy Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 02:56 PM
    Have you ever noticed that when something(a toy) or someone was around that she was very active? If so, then buy the thing (a toy) or bring that someone over more.
    Chihuahua Addict Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 13, 2008, 11:10 AM
    If he is eating, drinking water, and acting like he normally does, and you don't see any difference other than sleeping a lot in his behavior, them I'm sure he's fine. My Chihuahuas and I believe most dogs, do sleep a lot during the day, when they aren't eating, drinking, playing and going potty. It's normal! If you are still worried about him, then it wouldn't hurt to take him to the vet and have him checked out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chihuahua with an issue! [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys!! I've got a new chihuahua pup and we are having a bit of an issue... separation anxiety! For example, when she doesn't finish using the bathroom outside I keep her contained in the kitchen with a puppy pad, just in case, while I do housework, etc. As soon as I leave the kitchen she...

When to fix chihuahua? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently bought a female chihuahua from a couple who got her from another couple. What a mess. They weren't sure when she got her shots last, how old she really is, and they said she has been in heat once. Well I've only owned male dogs and didn't know anything about a her being in heat. But...

Vomitting chihuahua [ 10 Answers ]

My in laws dog is almost 1 year old. She has had all of her shots. Yesterday she was given a couple of bites of hot dog. Last night after 10 p.m she woke up and threw up food. Awhile later she threw up about a tablespoon of white frothy foam, then later she threw up a small amount of bile. ...

Old Chihuahua [ 12 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old male long haired chihuahua that I have had since I was 16. He was born on the couch on my brother's feet and I have had him ever since. His mom got hit by a car when he was a puppy which is why I had decided to keep him. He is my baby. I spoil him rotten. I love him very much,...

My chihuahua [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anyone out there that can maybe some how help me My chihuahua front paw looks as if its fractured Is there anything I can do to fix it until I can get him to the vet and Does anyone know how much it will cost?? please help me at this sad time

View more questions Search