Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freeatlast1 Posts: 33, Reputation: 6

Jul 9, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Depression worse the longer NC goes on
    I was at NC for 9 days. Feeling fine in the beginning. My ex texted me on 4th of July- "Some days are harder than others", which progressively made me think about her more and if there was a chance of reconciliation. Starting Mon I've been feeling more and more depressed till I broke NC and sent her a brief email today.

I should be feeling better, why am I feeling worse?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Because she called you on the 4th and got all your emotions flooded right back to square 1.
    jamie Cart Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Jul 9, 2008, 11:40 AM
    Because she's keeping the wound open?
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Jul 9, 2008, 01:52 PM
    It has taken me over a month to start feeling good about NC. Give yourself time and try not to be so hard on yourself. Things do improve slowly. Keep connecting with people aside from you ex.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Jul 9, 2008, 02:11 PM
    It gets worse before it gets better. I tell myself this every day.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 05:59 PM
    First no contact is not reading their texts, not reading their emails,
    No contact is no contact, it is hard. And it is not going to be fixed in one week
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Jul 9, 2008, 06:05 PM
    I don't understand why people say it will get better over time... I mean it does BUT I am still really depressed 6 months post break up...
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Because she txtd u. Want to be less depressed? Change numbers and be busy. U can't move on if u keep on looking back.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmExp
    I don't understand why people say it will get better over time...I mean it does BUT I am still really depressed 6 months post break up....
    It took me 2 yrs to get over my first break up... its true you will get over it. Just help yourself to heal faster. If what your saying is true nobody ever moved on from their first heartache. It just vary on people's coping mechanism.
    Boristheblade Posts: 141, Reputation: 17

Jul 10, 2008, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AmExp
    I don't understand why people say it will get better over time...I mean it does BUT I am still really depressed 6 months post break up....
    I didn't specify it would get better in any particular space of time. Never the less, it does get better in time. I think it would be naïve to think that you will always be perpetually heart broken and sad because the feeling lessens. Even though I feel like that right now-logic tells me I won't always, this keeps me going.
    nelsta78 Posts: 28, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2008, 03:59 AM
    Yeah, these things have no specific time limit.
    I've had 3 long term relationships and each time it gets easier to get over someone.
    You will have days where you think "no one will ever make me feel like that again".

But eventually after time.you'll find yourself thinking less and less about her.And you'll find yourself thinking more and more "I can't wait to go out with my friends at weekend"

I know now you feel like this will never happen, But trust me it will.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 10:20 AM
    No contact is to heal and every time you break it, or allow it to be broken you just stir up all those old feelings and pain, and they comeback as intense as ever. Its up to you to maintain your own healing, not the ex.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by freeatlast1
    I was at NC for 9 days. Feeling fine in the beginning. My ex texted me on 4th of July- "Some days are harder than others", which progressively made me think about her more and if there was a chance of reconciliation. Starting Mon I've been feeling more and more depressed till I broke NC and sent her a brief email today.

Deep emotions and wounds take a great time to heal. By writing to her, you reopened your wounds. But so many of us do that all the time.

You were expecting to feel better, for that heaviness to lift once you wrote, and you may have for a second or so after sending the email, but then your vulnerability surfaced as well as the sadness.

Just realize that, believe it or not, this sadness that you feel, is healthy, as it's part of the road to fully healing.

Just like when you bump your arm or leg and get a bruise, the bruise tends to get worse, before it slowly fades... and it does fade eventually doesn't it.

Just know that you are a caring and loving person and that is why all of this is so hard.

During this time, be especially good to yourself and only surround yourself with people who love you and have your best interest at heart.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depression and Anxiety getting worse [ 11 Answers ]

I was diagnosed w/ Major depression about 2 years ago and this winter it has been getting worse. I am short w/ my kids don't want to work just want to sleep and be at home by myself . I lost my grandma about 2 weeks ago and it has just made it worse I am struggling so much I can't get into a psych...

Box on incline. If you push it up, will it take longer to go up or longer down [ 5 Answers ]

If a box is given a shove so it slides up an incline then slides back down to its starting point, will it take longer on the way up or on the way down? I think it's down.

Can it get any worse. Not for me. [ 1 Answers ]

HEEELLLP, It all started seven months ago, My girlfriend who I loved very much was suffering with clinical depression and having suicidal thoughts. Everything I tried to do, made things worse, she got irate at me and then hated herself. She said she loved me, but clearly couldn't deal with...

Electric dryer taking longer and longer to dry clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have an electric dryer that is taking longer and longer times to dry the clothes about 2-1/2 hours to do a standard load. The time seems to be increasing - Is this dangerous? It is probably running my electric bill up? The dryer came with the house I bought a year ago. I would guess the appliance...

It keeps getting worse and worse [ 4 Answers ]

I recently separated from my husband after 20 years of marriage. He has been keeping financial info from me for years. Found out at the sell of our home that there was an IRS lien on property (loan is in his name) Also found out that house is going into foreclosure. The closing fell through,...

View more questions Search