Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkh579 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 11:02 AM
    American child with French passport
    I have a daughter who has dual French/American nationality and has always lived in the United States. Currently she has a French passport but not an American one. We need to go to France soon for family reasons and may not have enough time to get her an American passport. Can she travel to and from Paris on her French passport alone?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 06:22 PM
    With French passport, it means she can enter France without getting a visa and she can stay as long as she wishes.

The problem is the return trip, if she does not have US passport, and she hands French passport to immigration Officer, she will be considered French not American.

She must get US passport.... there is express service if you don't have much time, just pay extra.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm American and want dual USA/French citizenship. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I'm new to the site... I'm American, wish to live in France and want to have dual US/French Citizenship. I've poured over info but nothing seems to answer this odd question: My maternal grandmother is from SPAIN. Parents are from Argentina (dad's side are from Italy). Is there an...

French soldiers of the American Revolution [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any type of list here in America or France that would list the names of the soldiers or sailors who fought in the American Revolution? I am doing genealogy research on my husband's family and have been told that his 4th great-grandfather came to America to fight in the revolution. We...

French and American dual citizenship [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - does anybody know if I have any rights to French citizenship if I am a second generation American? My Mom's Mom was born in France, my mom was born in the US. I too was born in the US. Please and thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

View more questions Search