Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:10 AM
    McCain and his Iranian jokes
    You recall the furor over McCain singing Bomb Iran to a Beach Boys beat. This joke has been fodder for his opponents since then.

Well he did it again according to a Washington Compost blog .Commenting on a report that one of the biggest imports into the country was cigarettes ,McCain lamely joked that "Maybe thats a way of killing them." He realized his gaffe quickly and said (as his wife was jabbing him in the ribs) "I meant that as a joke" .

McCain's Latest Iran Joke | The Trail | washingtonpost.com

Matt Yglesias at Atlantic Mag blog was quick to jump on the joke.

John McCain once again "jokes" about his desire to kill Iranians. This time, the joke is a little bit more of a real joke, but the targets of his lust for killing foreigners are clearly ordinary Iranian civilians. If a major Iranian political leader were to repeatedly joke about bombing the United States and killing Americans, you can just imagine the sh*t-storm about how Iran isn't a normal country with normal interests, that it's run by irrational fanatics, appeasement won't work, etc.
    Matthew Yglesias (July 08, 2008) - The Killing Joke (Foreign Policy)

But I think Matt is making a key mistake in his commentary . Because however crude and incensitive McCain's joke may be ;the truth is that the Iranian Mullah's and their thugs routinely state ;chant ;incite crowds with the standard DEATH TO AMERICA mantra .
    They even did it at the start of their legislative session
    London Free Press: 'Death to America' chanted again in Iran

Their leader the Mahdi-hatter Ahmamadjihad has stated in a very serious non-joking manner that he would wipe Israel off the map and :
    "I say accomplishment of a world without America and Israel is both possible and feasible."
    Asia Times Online :: Middle East News, Iraq, Iran current affairs

So as crude as McCain's joke may be... at least he was joking .
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Next to only Pakistan, Iran is going to be a huge issue for the immediate future, not only for Israel and the US, but for the world.

Hopefully we will have a strong President in the White House to deal with both of these issues.

It is easy to see why so many people "like" Obama.

It is not easy to understand how so many people think he would be a stronger President, with his lack of experience or accomplishment in addition to his lack of good judgment, than the only other choice we have.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:32 AM
    I am waiting breathlessly for Matt Yglesias' posting on the missile test Iran conducted today.

Our hands are always on the trigger and our missiles are ready for launch," General Salami said. "The enemy must not repeat its mistakes. The enemy targets are under surveillance.
    Video: Iran missile test ratchets up regional tensions - Times Online
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 9, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by progunr
    It is easy to see why so many people "like" Obama.

It is not easy to understand how so many people think he would be a stronger President, with his lack of experience or accomplishment in addition to his lack of good judgment, than the only other choice we have.
    I have the answer: YouTube - McCain's YouTube Problem Just Became a Nightmare
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    For every one of McCain's idiotic statements, two can be found by his opponent.

I wasn't impressed, but, I can understand why you would be.

Jul 9, 2008, 04:30 PM
    For every one of McCain's idiotic statements, two can be found by his opponent.
    When his opponent was George W. Bush back in the 2000 Pub primaries.

I wasn't impressed, but, I can understand why you would be.
    That's because I was sitting at the front of the class paying attention while you were repeating the same grade for the third time doodling stick-man on book covers. I think your were that kid in fifth grade that had the mustache. ;)
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BABRAM
    When his opponent was George W. Bush back in the 2000 Pub primaries.

That's because I was sitting at the front of the class paying attention while you were repeating the same grade for the third time doodling stick-man on book covers. I think your were that kid in fifth grade that had the mustache. ;)
    I have to ask, since I don't really have any liberal friends, do those personal attacks on me and the rest of the folks here who are on the "right" side of things, give you a feeling of power?

Are you trying to compensate, for being less than well endowed, in some personal way?

I don't remember drawing any stick men, that must come from your own personal experience. I was not held back for any grades, you must have me confused with that other kid with the mustache, that was held back with you, for those three years.

But I don't hate you.

Actually, you and your lefty's bring much humor to my daily life, thanks.

Jul 9, 2008, 07:13 PM
    What life? You have no liberal friends and only listen to FOX news? There's a Yiddish proverb, "if you mix around a little, you learn a lot." BTW I've been mistaken twice by ivory poachers looking for the rhinoceros horn. :rolleyes:
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Jul 10, 2008, 04:55 PM
    He that tooteth not his own horn shall not have same tooted!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 12:45 PM
    These guys are ADDICTED to right-wing bulltonga, Bobby. You know how addicts are, they need their daily fix(Fixed Noise, er, Fox News), and they have to hang out with other addicts because normal thinking and loving people don't want anything to do with them and their hatemongering selves!

LOL!
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 12:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    These guys are ADDICTED to right-wing bulltonga, Bobby. You know how addicts are, they need their daily fix(Fixed Noise, er, Fox News), and they have to hang out with other addicts because normal thinking and loving people don't want anything to do with them and their hatemongering selves!!

LOL!!
    Actually, we're here hanging out with YOU!!

How funny huh!

What happened to your Gandhi quotes anyway?
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Oh, no, you're not hanging out with me, dude. :)
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 01:05 PM
    Actually, the wife and I are planning a trip to Chicago next month.

Perhaps we can look you up?

And maybe discuss some of your personal insults?

Wouldn't that be fun?
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Going to have your wife beat me up, Mr. AngerJustBelowtheSurface? :D
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Going to have your wife beat me up, Mr. AngerJustBelowtheSurface? :D
    Are you kidding?!

WE are non-violent people.

And as to the anger issue, lets go through each others answers here on AMHD, and determine who really has the anger issues.

I just love to debate.

I prefer to beat people up with common sense, with a bit of sarcasm injected, just for the fun of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lets put all our non dirty jokes (blonde jokes recommended) here [ 17 Answers ]

I will start What do you call a blonde with two brain cells? Pregnant Why did the blonde stare at a can of frozen orange juice for 2 hours? Because it said concentrate! What do you do if a Blond throws a grenade at you? Pull the pin out and throw it back!

Let's say your name is Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad [ 18 Answers ]

Would you least prefer Hillary, Obama, or McCain to become the next president of the U.S.

Iranian harassment [ 5 Answers ]

Is the "reported" harassment by the Iranian navy going to lead to military action from the U.S.

Iranian intervention in Iraq [ 6 Answers ]

An excellent short history of Iranian intervention against Operation iraqi Freedom ,the coalition forces ,and the new Iraqi government has been authored by Kimberly Kagans at Weekly Standard . http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/IraqReport06.2.pdf She accurately illustrates how Iran...

Iranian Muslims [ 10 Answers ]

These Iranian Muslims tell us that their savior fell down a well many, many years ago. They say that to allow their savior to come up out of the well, they must kill all of us infidels, or at least start the apocalypse. OK, fine, but, the thought occurred to me that GOD cast Satan and his demons...

View more questions Search