Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katiekatherine Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Quoting office cleaning job
    I am in South Louisiana - Baton Rouge. I am trying to find the current average rate to quote on office cleaning.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Not what you want to hear but pricing varies all over the country. The size, volume, area, union/nonunion, etc are all factors.

Please give me more information; cleanable square footage, number of days per week you are cleaning, who provides the consumables products (paper towels, toilet paper, trashbags, soaps, etc), are you responsible for cleaning the carpets, stripping and refinishing the hard floors, etc. Give me all the info you can and it may help in giving you a general idea.

Knowing your competitors helps a lot, tell me how long you have been in this business (that will save me time in explaining what a ringer is), and so on...

I would love to help, I have been in this business for 35 years and have had my own for over 15 years...

Jul 10, 2008, 01:20 PM
    Thanks for responding. What I know about this job is that it is approx. 10,000 sq ft. 15 offices, 2 file rooms, conference room, full kitchen and 4 bathrooms. They are asking for a quote on once a week cleaning and 2 x a month cleaning. They will provide all consumables, I will provide cleaning supplies. No carpet cleaning ro stripping floors, just mopping and vacuum. Thanks
    Business Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 01:34 PM
    I can only give you a range and I have hesitations about that, as I explained before.

For once per week cleaning it is actually more difficult than daily cleaning; more trash, dust, marks, vacuuming, etc from the entire week. Generally for a Class B- or C building the cleanable sq ft per hour ranges between 2600 to 3500 sq ft per hour. Since this is only once per week I would consider the low end of that; say 2500 sq ft per hour.

Please do not hold me to this, this is only a suggestion, there are way to many other factors to consider. But I would invoice around $90.00 to $115.00 for each occurrence, assuming it is non-union.

Jul 10, 2008, 01:36 PM
    You have been a tremendous help. Thank you very much
    Business Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by katiekatherine
    you have been a tremendous help. Thank you very much
    Glad I could help some...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Office cleaning business [ 2 Answers ]

I am starting office cleaning business. I have researched almost every aspect of the business. I have tried getting in touch with some buildings but unable to get in touch with the right person handling the cleaning contract. Who do you think should I ask for? Should I ask for building manager,...

How do I get a office cleaning license [ 8 Answers ]

I want to start a cleaning business and would like to get info about getting licensed and bonded. Ive been all over the internet but there is never a direct answer. What site or who do I call for a license?:)

Office Cleaning Quote [ 1 Answers ]

I'm writing my proposal for Office Cleaning. I'm having a hard time figuring out how much to charge per sq ft for a 4000sq ft, 800 sq ft, and 6500 sq ft medical offices. They supply the products and equipment. I just have to do the general Dusting, sweeping, mopping, and trash removal. It's 5 days...

Price quoting commercial cleaning [ 1 Answers ]

I currently operate a window cleaning business and I am interested in adding commercial cleanup. My question is how much do I charge per square foot. I live in Fishers, In.

Office cleaning business [ 3 Answers ]

I am wanting to start a office cleaning business. I just don't know where to begin. What I should charge. What I need do.

View more questions Search