Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JasminOlivia78 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Is he losing interest? What do you think?
    Well,
    First let me start by saying my boyfriend is awesome! He is great. We have known each other for over a year, and we have been together for 6 months. He always tells me he loves me and that he wants me to be his wife. We have never argued and he is really understanding, even if we don't agree we always have a way of talking things over so they never escalate to an argument. He is a great friend and a wonderful boyfriend.:)

My question is this, when we first started dating we talked constantly. Now we usually talk once a day but sometimes he will go an ENTIRE day without talking to me.

Does that mean he is losing interest? Does that mean he isn't thinking about me? Because when Im thinking about him I pick up the phone to call him? Why wouldn't he do the same? He talks to his friends on the phone a lot, shouldn't he want to talk to me on the phone just as much as he did at the start of our relationship?

Any opinions and thoughts are appreciated,
    J
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jul 9, 2008, 09:06 AM
    The relationship probably lost it's newness, but I wouldn't worry. I'm sure he feels the same, and more secure that you both belong to each other and that's why he feels the need to put less effort into communicating.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 09:33 AM
    I guess the honeymoon phase of dating is over, and the routine tends to slow down, but guys aren't the type to just think about the g/f to the exclusion of everything else, we tend to get into.

Don't worry, its just both of you adjusting to each other, and it will work out. Way to soon for serious talks of marriage, as believe it or not, your still strangers learning each other. So be patient, and relax, and talk, and listen, as the bonds between you have to have a chance to grow, so that you learn how to communicate with each other.

How old are you both, by the way?
    nova225 Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2008, 12:08 PM
    He probably hasn't lost interest... he just doesn't want to talk as much as he use to. The wooing stage is over, and now that he has you he needs time to breath. It doesn't mean he doesn't think about you; he just doesn't think about you all day everyday (if he did your phone would be ringing non-stop). Stop worrying about him, and enjoy life. If you wait by the phone it'll never ring (trust me I know), but if you go have fun it'll ring like crazy.
    JasminOlivia78 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 02:18 PM
    I hope you all are right.
    Im 30 and my boyfriend is 32.

I don't want to nag him or overly concern him about calling. However, I feel like I do want him to call regularly (atleast once a day). Is this asking too much? Im thinking about saying something to him today (if he calls.. lol).

Like I said he is a great guy. I love him dearly, just want to make sure he isn't losing interest in me or our relationship. Is it a bad thing that tne newness has worn off?
    Thanks!
    J
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 02:42 PM
    No its not, it happens in every relationship. The key is to not make your partner your whole world, and neglect the things you did before you met him, that made you happy, and fulfilled.

The goal of a relationship is, to have fun getting to know each other, learn, and grow, not to be dependent on each other to be happy, but share your happiness.

As you learn each other, and bond together, you will communicate on a higher level, and see how you work together.

Its important for you both to have some space for yourselves though.
    brkfstatiffs Posts: 263, Reputation: 21

Jul 10, 2008, 12:54 PM
    I agree with the above. I don't know the total situation, but make sure you are keeping your independence, hanging with your friends, etc. If he feels like you always want to hang with him etc, that is probably why he is backing off. As long as he is still pursuing you, and you guys hang out, he initiates etc, then you are fine. I totally know where you are coming from though, sometimes even a simple text on the days you don't talk, is nice to get. I would see what his flow is for the next month or so and then say something, but don't accuse him, say it in a playful way so he doesn't take it to seriously you know? But I wouldn't worry about it, he is probably just comfy with you, guys to tend to think to themselves ohh if I don't talk to her today I'll catch up tomorrow.
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Jul 10, 2008, 02:40 PM
    Ok let me give you some good advice... YOu can't make your boyfriend your life!! And he can't make you his life.. it's actually healthy that you guys don't talk all the time..

My boyfriend and I went through some really rough patches recently and we realized that we talked and texted each other all day, we always knew where each other were every moment.. SO NOT HEALTHY..

Also, 6 months is the normal time where the hunnymoon stage is over, believe me.. with my relationship it was like clockwork 6 months on the dot..

You just need to deal with the changes.. I think you should talk to him and communicate everything to him though.. you can say something like "hey I've noticed kind of a change in our relaitonship lately and just want to make sure everything is ok with us.. " if he says yes, then say "it's probably the normal stages that relationships go through" and drop it at that.. get it? Good ;)
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Too much constantness and availability BORES leading to loss of interest. Take things easy. Just watch out for the red flags like being ignored, disrespected, call u names etc. Anyone here still remembers JB's socks story? Kindly paste the link here and lets all laugh.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is my girlfriend ill? Or losing interest? [ 11 Answers ]

So this probably seems very much like a lot of the other concerns people have posted so before I start, I would like to express my appreciation to anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this. I am a member on other forums pertaining to my hobbies (totally unrelated to this) and have...

Losing interest? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, me and my girlfriend have been going out for 10 months now... we used to have so much fun and I would always have fun talking to her... but the last couple of days I've been getting irritated with her very easily... n sometimes I feel like I don't know what to say and that I'm putting a lot of...

Losing interest [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 34 yr. old female. I have had the same group of friends now for years. We get together for parties. Our children play together. We all play on a co-ed softball team together. We have lived in this town for over 20 years, and everyone knows everyone else's business. I am a very private...

Is my boyfriend losing interest [ 4 Answers ]

He seems depressed all the time and it feels different between us now but he gets happy when it comes to sexual things. Is he losing interest or is something really bothering him or is he just tired? I'm so confused.

I am losing interest! [ 3 Answers ]

I posted about a girl I care about earlier. Maybe it isn't love, but I have sacrificed a lot for her. Anyway, I didn't do anything out of the way to her and she seems to be falling away from me. She seems to bore me now. How do I spark back up the relationship. I don't want to loose her. ...

View more questions Search