Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisnope Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Cannot dial out on phone
    I have a Panasonic KXTG 2740 phone with base and four extension phones. Recently I cannot dial out at all. Basically when I hit "talk" button, the read out says "talk" just like it used to but it's dialing out and there is no dial tone. I have tried a few things but nothing seems to work. At first I thought it might be the main battery and had it replaced and then charged all the phones for a day or two... still nothing. What could this be??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 9, 2008, 08:24 AM
    Can you receive calls OK? Have you tried plugging in a regular phone directly?
    chrisnope Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Hi Scott, yes I can definitely receive calls. So that isn't the issue... as far as I know

Jul 10, 2008, 08:01 AM
    I think I actually have the same phone. Is yours the 2.4Ghz model? Mine is a two line setup though. Let me check my system when I'm home and see what I can figure out.

P.S. please don't follow-up via e-mail.

Jul 10, 2008, 05:19 PM
    This happens on all extensions? Did you do what I suggested and test the line with a regular phone? Have you tried contacting Panasonic tech support?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Does a regular phone work normally??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phone rings, DSL works, but no dial tone [ 4 Answers ]

My landline is doing something odd. The DSL works just fine and the filters are installed correctly, but I have no dial tone. The phone will ring and caller ID works, but when I pick up there's nothing. When I hang up it continues to ring. This is happening on all the jacks. I have tried...

No dial tone with Verizon new phone line [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everybody how's it going? I'm having a problem with a new phone line I ordered from Verizon. There is no dial tone even though they said that the service has been established. I've done the NID test and there is no dial tone from the NID, so I think the problem is there. I think I've...

Phone is active outside No dial tone w/ inside wiring [ 6 Answers ]

:( Older townhome with red green black yellow wires from jacks. Incoming lines are blue /white, orange/white, green/white, blue/red, brown/white, grey/white and vs.versa. All jacks have been disconnected and I have tested the first incoming jack with blue/white, white/blue to the red and green...

Computer connection via phone line with dial-up host [ 2 Answers ]

I need to connect to a computer in a rural area where there is no high speed internet - just phone connections. Purpose is to monitor one or more cameras on the property. Need to set up a computer to computer connection that's initiated when I dial rural computer and have it set up to answer...

No dial tone but phone rings [ 5 Answers ]

I have no dial tone but the phone rings very low when someone calls and when I pick it up it's dead except for another low ring on other end. I live on second floor of garden apt. could the person below me have punctured the line coming up from the NID with a nail or screw maybe hanging a picture...

View more questions Search