Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suzieque Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Feline Acne/Gingivitis/Probiotics
    Hello, I have a 10 year old male cat who has been suffering with feline acne all over his chin, nose, and cheeks. The vet said that it came from drueling from his back teeth that have gingivitis. Since he is on antibiotics, I would like to start him on probiotics. I have Culturelle at home. I would like to know if Culturelle is safe for my cat.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2006, 09:52 AM
    Hi, Suzie,
    I am not a Vet; nor a Professional in this area. I do love dogs, always had one ever since 1952.
    I would not give any animal any medications, unless the Vet said it is OK. Many meds react with others, and could cause much more damage than what exists now. Why not call your Vet, and ask him/her their opinion. I do wish you and your cat the best, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acne [ 6 Answers ]

Hi pals Can you please tell me what is acne , why and whom does it effect ? And what is the best solution for treating ACNE,and also tell me are pimples caused due to acne?

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne help [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im 17 and I get bad Ance, I have tried most if not all of the over the counter items but Nothing really seems to work and Im going crazy please help:(

Acne... yay [ 3 Answers ]

So I have about 4 zits on my chest that won't go away,one in particular that has gotten tough and won't pop or anything,there's no pus or anything in it (gee this is already an appetizing subject no?) but there's a tough protrusion from the skin and I'm curious about any ways to get rid of it (I...

Acne [ 4 Answers ]

I'm an 18 year old male and I've had facial acne for about 3-4 years now. I've always used oxy pads twice a day and the deep cleaning face wash every morning, but I'm not getting much better results. What products do you recommend for concealment and/or cure?

View more questions Search