Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 10:44 PM
    Outside compresor runs after t-state shuts down
    T-state white-rodgers 1f58w-77, after temp reached the outside compressor keeps running.
    Might be a relay to compressor I'm thinking or t-state not disconnecting. Unit ac/heat pump Rheem. I shut down air handler from breaker, but the outside ac compressor still runs unless I power it off also from the breaker. Unit is 10 years no problem until now. What might it be? Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 12:20 AM
    I believe the contactor is stuck/defective in the outside unit.

Contacts are probably welded shut causing the unit to run without a signal from the thermostat.

It is not your thermostat.
    adic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 08:39 PM
    [QUOTE=hvac1000]I believe the contactor is stuck/defective in the outside unit.

Contacts are probably welded shut causing the unit to run without a signal from the thermostat.

It is not your thermostat.[/QUOTE thanks for your time to answer my question. Earlier this morning I removed the contact and seen it closed. Cleaned it, but need new one. Later I seen your answer. You are correct. Thank you again for your help. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    :)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 01:40 AM
    Glad you got it working.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace runs then shuts off too early [ 8 Answers ]

My forced air furnace will run for around 5 minutes. Then it will stop but the servo motor will keep running. After another 5 minutes it will fire back up, the fan will kick in and it will start pushing heat. Then it will stop again some times within seconds, sometimes minutes. Does this sound like...

Fan runs five munites and shuts off I have replaced run cap & motor [ 17 Answers ]

I have a york unit replaced run cap and fan motor the blade is in the right position the fan motor is oem and run cap matches fan motor spec the ac unit comes on runs 5 minutes and fan shuts off and the fan is not hot to touch. What could it be?

92' Civic Runs Fine, but intermittently shuts off. [ 78 Answers ]

So here's the deal. A couple weeks ago my civic just shut off and would not start again. I went through and gave it a full tune-up. (spark plugs, wires, filters, cap & rotor) I ended up solving the problem when I replaced the Ignition Control Module and Coil. I also had some bad gas that had water...

Murray runs 1/2 hour then shuts off [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought a used 19' murry lawn mower, the first time I used it it ran for about 1/2 an hour and shuts off, I found if I turn it on its side and push the primer button, it will run a few more minutes but then again shuts off. Can somebody help me.:confused:engine type=briggs and stratton, hp=4...

View more questions Search