Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Lawn mowers
    Every time my husband mows the grass or the kids do, he insist that the underside be rinsed with the water hose... is this really necessary?:confused:
    rsain2004 Posts: 207, Reputation: 6

Jul 8, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Vegetative material acts as a sponge, absorbing moisture (even from the air). When this is caked to metal, it increases corrosion (rusting). It may be, that is what his concern is... others don't think about it. Good luck.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 09:27 PM
    For him. It's necessary.

Cutting wet grass makes the grass cake on the underside and under these conditions, it should be cleaned. I clean at least once per season then as needed.

The once per season thing is with the hose etc.

I have an alloy base that won't rust.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Well not necessary, but helpful with the one condition it is DRIED. Water and steel makes rust.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2008, 12:43 PM
    I just think every time is a bit excessive... and want to tell him well, the experts say we don't have to every time.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
    You rather have him or me. I am hard on mowers. I run over anything that is there, rocks, roots, limbs. Anything in my way gets cut up. I don't like mowing the lawn. When I break the mower I go get another one. As long as it's him doing it and not you, leave him alone.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 02:15 PM
    I must get your lawn mowers. I get mine from the trash or donations and they seem to last forever. Got three that are > 30 years old and the one I use most of the time is 14 years old.

They are so simple to fix and they seem to last forever when you take care of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lawn and garden lawn mowers honda 3011 [ 2 Answers ]

I Have A Honda 3011 Riding Mower. The Battery Is Charged And When I Engage The Transmission, The Warning Beep Sounds Loudly. When I Turn The Key To Start, There Is No Sound And No Cranking. Any Suggestions To Cure Will Be Appreciated. Thanks.

Lawn mowers [ 2 Answers ]

I want to purchase a lawn mower. Which is better a gas or electric lawn mower?

Lawn mowers [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get a perfect lawn with stripes when I cut the lawn

Murray lawn mowers [ 1 Answers ]

I have broken the engine stop cable on my lawn mower how do I fix the problem

Wrong gas in lawn mowers [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I put 2 stroke fuel mix in my rider and push mower. Is it possible to syphon it out and try again, or am I screwed and need to buy a new mower? Thanks for any advise.

View more questions Search