Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darylun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 07:23 PM
    Connecting a TV, VCR, DVD
    I need a wiring diagram to connect an antenna, TV, VCR and DVD. I have an RF modulator and a 2 input coaxial TV switch.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 10, 2008, 05:17 AM
    You first have to indicate what you want which product to do.
    Is the DVD a player or a recorder-player?
    Do you want the video recorder being capable recording from the DVD?
    Don't you want the TV to be connected to the DVD directly by cable (better picture quality).
    Etc. etc. etc.. . You have to be more precise !

:)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 11:48 AM
    I am guessing VCR and DVD as one unit. Antenna in to DVD/VCR, out of DVD/VCR to Modulator, modulator likely puts out channel 3 or 4, then connect to TV. You don't need the switch.
    If you wanted to record one channel and watch another, then have antenna signal go into a 2 way splitter, out of splitter to DVD/VCR, through modulator, then to 1 of the 2 inputs of A/B switch. The other output of splitter will connect to other A/B input. Common of A/B switch goes to TV.
    Then once recording on TV has started, move switch to second position, then tune to the channel number from local station(s).
    To check recording progress, select other position of switch and Tv to 3(or 4).
    You don't mention Cable or Satellite.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting to 192.168.1.0 [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to setup my D-Link DI-624 (c2) and I can't connect to the IP address 192.168.1.0, if you have an any how to help I would appreciate it, thanks.

Connecting a VCR with my set-up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have been given a VCR & want to connect it with my current system but cannot figure out how to make it work :( This is what I have... I have directv and with the satellite box I have the coaxial coming into the box and I have S-video going out to my TV along with appropriate...

Connecting to LAN [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My company has a Wlan and a wireless internet connection. On my laptop the wireless shows that there is a very strong connection, but when I click on the internet explorer, it comes up with the error message, "The page cannot be be displayed?" But when I connect with network cable...

Connecting a PC to a TV [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a cable to hook up my PC to my TV so I can get the audio and video through my TV. I went to best buy the other day looking for one but couldn't find any. Thanks

Connecting to AOL [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have recently install AOL 9.0 Security Edition on my PC (Windows XP). At first, it worked fine and then after a short while, it started knocking me off and every time I try to sign on, it brings me right back to the sign-on screen after completing the 7 steps to signing on. I have...

View more questions Search