Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SaveIceland101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 06:23 PM
    What is this area? How do I get here? It is NOT Loch Modan.
    It is in World of Warcraft, it is west of Loch Modan, East of Iron Forge, and South of the wetlands, what is this place? It is circled in the picture.
    Attached Images

trolltrolero Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 09:56 PM
    It's the ironforge Airport!
    I think I have a video on YouTube about it, let me find it!
    trolltrolero Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 09:58 PM
    YouTube - IF airport

That's my old mage pre-BC at the airport, I'm sorry the exploit to get there isn't at the video, there are other videos on YouTube however that show(ed) how to get there.
    I don't know if it still works
    Skater97 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 07:08 PM

Probably a level 10-12 place I'm guessing since gol bol Quarry is like 7-10
    SaltyBob Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 07:31 PM

The Dun Morogh airfield is an airfield located in a high mountain valley northeast of the dwarven capital of Ironforge. It has two landing strips, and several gnome pilots are there standing next to their planes or tinkering with them. Around the airfield there are a series of dwarven buildings and structures. Mountaineers from Ironforge patrol the area, and some members of the Stormpike Guard can be found here too. North of the airfield there is a gryphon roost, but it is inactive and does not offer a flight path. Further north, near Wetlands, there is a crashed gnome plane along with some bones.

South of the airfield there is a small area with three tanks. Some Gnomeregan Evacuees have found a way out of their irradiated city, a lone pet trainer offers her service to hunters, and some gnomes and dwarves are dancing in the snow. Here is a big tower with a sealed entrance to a tunnel which is similar to the tunnel in North Gate Pass. The tunnel continues back the same distance as the others located around Dun Morogh, at an upward incline. When it reaches it's peak, it drops off into midair. If enough distance from this jump point can be gained then it is possible to land in the Deeprun Tram Terminal of Ironforge. However, no other player-characters have been observed via this method, although NPCs are present. In addition, the portal between the Tram Terminal and Tinkertown does not function when reached via this method, and instead players pass straight through without pause.

In the same valley there exists a frozen lake to the south of the Airstrip The southwestern tip of this lake has a cave from which Frostmane Trolls skirmish with Ironforge dwarves on the lake itself. A few more trolls can be found by a cave northwest of the summit with the flag.

There is also a black bear mother watching over her offspring northwest of the gryphon roost just by a waterfall.

The whole area has not been fully developed, and it is easily visible that it was not meant to be visited by players in its current state. The guards and mountaineers give you directions to locations in Kharanos or Ironforge, and the gnomish pilots have the texts of the Mirage Raceway where gnomes race against goblins. The buildings and tunnels have either closed doors or walls in front of them, and some graphic glitches can be found.

The Airfield and lake are immediately visible on the map of Dun Morogh for new players, leading many to wonder how to get there.

The Airfield Was accessible by death knights when Wrath of the Lich King first came out. There was a server side patch that prevented death knights from accessing this area soon after it was released.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loch ness monster? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, as many of you know that I'm from scotland and loch ness is only about 100 miles away I was just wondering if other people from different contries believe in this sea serpant? (thats all I could explane it by lol) I do, I am one of the people who believe in ufos, aliens, big foot etc. lol...

Area code [ 1 Answers ]

What country or state is area code 649 {moved from Forum Help-<>}

Local area network&wide area network [ 1 Answers ]

i. If we can extend the LAN then why we need a WAN? ii. How can a bridge know whether to forward frames? iii. Can the length of an Ethernet be increased to many segments of 500 meter each merely by adding a repeater to connect each additional segment? iv. How can a computer attach to a network...

Fem/sexy tat area? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi! I'm getting another tattoo (3 or more plumeria flowers) soon, but I can't decide where to get it. I already have one on my lower hip/pelvis area... I want it some place delicate, feminine, etc... any ideas? **It needs to be somewhere that can easily be covered up**

Dmz area [ 7 Answers ]

What is OWA means? OWA "front End" " DMZ Area"? OWA "Back End" " DMZ Area"?

View more questions Search