Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatintheworld Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 05:44 PM
    He needs a few days and is scared about moving forward?
    Didn't see my previous post, so I am trying again.

LONG story short... we have been dating over a year. He talked to me about eventually moving in to his newly rented house in the coming months, but I said I would like to have some kind of commitment before I did that... he agreed (in theory).

We have moved slowly (he has two kids/divorced to someone who constantly calls). This past week I spent an extra amount of time HELPING HIM clean his house and get his kids room somewhat set up. He all of a sudden stated that we must be experiencing some growing pains (talked about missing his time with the guys and perhaps feeling a little closterphobic with me there so much). I stated a few times this past week that he should go out, but then he said "I would like to, but then I miss you." Now he wants a few days of alone time. Admitted today (I had to call him) that he is a scared and doesn't understand his feelings (about moving on). I gave him a few outs, such as taking some time the next couple of weekends to ourselves, but he doesn't want to do that. Why does he want to keep me at his beckoned call, when HE is ready to see me? I feel as though we are moving backwards. I asked if this was the beginning of the end, he assured me it wasn't and that he wants to be with me but just wants a few days.

After a year, shouldn't we either just be together (just spending time) or not? Shouldn't we feel comfortable to just stop by, etc. not make an appointment to see each other. If he has talked about moving in together, shouldn't we assume that we will be seeing each other (unless one of us has plans)?

HELP!! What should I do?

Confused and feeling lonely.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 05:58 PM
    When a man wants you, he wants you. No alibis, no problems, no issues, no hang ups he just wants to be with u.Period.

Jul 8, 2008, 06:08 PM
    You sound correct. Do I ask for my own time this next weekend and then bow out gracefully from there?
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Let him the one do the asking, be busy too so u will be able to blow him off once in a while. Be productive so whatever happens, it's his lost and there's a bright future still ahead of you.

Jul 8, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Thanks ylaira... I have been WAY too accommodating this whole time.
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Your welcome... other folks here still have something to say..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30 days notice given - not moving out at end of month [ 13 Answers ]

I am a Landlord and just received written 30 days notice from a tenant. Instead of the tenant moving out at the end of May, which would be typical, they have told me they will be out by June 3, 2008. They have offered to pay 3 days rent for June. I'm sure this is convenient for the tenant, but I...

Moving without a 30 days notice? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, can I move without giving a 30 days notice and paying a full months of rent? Here's the background: I have lived in this building for a little over a year, there is a pool on the first level of the premises and a restaurant next to it (off of the building main lobby), both are owned by...

8 days late.I'm really scared [ 33 Answers ]

OK so this month I had sex only one time. He was wearing a condom and he dind't finish either. Also. I had a bladder infection in the beginging of the month so I was on medication.. the following week I had a yeast infection so I was on medication for another week. I am now 8 days late of my...

Need to give 60 days notice, but rent is increasing in thirty days [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the condo I am in now for over two years. After the initial lease term of one year, I went on a month-to-month basis. I am required to give 60 days notice prior to vacating the property. My landlord notified me at the end of this month (february) that the rent would be...

View more questions Search