Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    v8zz Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2006, 03:47 AM
    Lost est 2.5gb in c drive&cannot find at all?
    Hi I have lost est2.5gb+ in my memory have deleted some songz,ford racing 3,it made no diff it have fragd my disc ,made no diff,I don't mind if I knew what or where it went but thnkz dj
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 06:55 AM
    Are you saying that the maximum capacity shown is now less than it was before?
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Mar 28, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Try emptying your recycle bin.

Also the Treesize program below will show you where your space is being used on your hard disk.
    http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml
    Peter_sgc Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2006, 10:45 AM
    This might be because drives are mesured in METRIC MEGABYTES and KILOBYTES.

So instead of 1024 Megabytes = 1 GB | 1000 Megabytes = 1 GB

But computer work at 1024, so if you were to purchase an 80 GB drive.
    that would be an 80GB metric Drive.

But windows would pick it up as something under 80. As it does not have excalty that correct numbering system.

Hope this helps.

-- Peter

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

BIOS/CMOS can find my second hard drive but Windows cannot [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I installed windows on a 1GB primary master hard drive and that is working fine. And now I am trying to attach a 40GB Seagate as a primary slave hard drive to put music and pictures and games and document etc on it. But the screen that first comes up when you press restart (not sure...

I've lost my cd-rom drive [ 3 Answers ]

We had a power loss (surge?) this am (chimputer was on w/surge protector), upon power restoration, I rebooted comp and neither of my dvd/cd drives are being found. When looking in the device mngr there is a little ! Next to the drives. I tried reinstalling the drivers but it did not help:confused....

Lost external drive after power cut. [ 7 Answers ]

Just had a power cut. After reboot, my external drive does not show up in the 'my computer' bit. Its recognised because it is in the start bar on the bottom of my screen, but have no way of accessing it. Looked in computer management to see if it needed formatting, but its not showing up there...

Need to find 4GB on drive-where/how do I look? [ 2 Answers ]

Have Win98 on a Compaq Deskpro. Just loaded Fixit utility program and according to that program my computer is supposed to be a 6GB but when I open properties for C: drive only shows 2GB. Where are the other 4GB and how do I find them? Assistance would be appreciated as I'm not an expert on this at...

View more questions Search