Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaymi4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Mortgage and land owner laws
    My ex and I have a mortgage for the land we live on. The mortgage is in both of our names. The house however, which is a double wide is in his name. He seems to think that he can evict me out of the house, even though the property is in both of our names. Is this true?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Most likely yes he may be able to. You may own the land, but you do not own the trailer. These issues should have been settled in divorce court, as to who would get the land and who had to move out of the trailer.

You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can owner financing be done if a mortgage is out on the home already? [ 3 Answers ]

We have a mortgage of 400k on our house worth 800k. We are considering doing owner financing to help us sell our house. Can we legally do that if we do not own 100% of the home due to our mortgage owning half? Are there loopholes where we can still do that? Thanks for any advice

Land owner won't let me move my mobile home [ 18 Answers ]

Can the owner of the land keep my mobile home? What do I need to file in court in order to move my mobile home?

Land owner search [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out who owns a specific piece of property in gilroy California. How can I attain that information?

Owner holding the mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I want to sell a modest property to a family member for 40K as is (house needs a little work). I developed an agreement to have 16K as a down payment and $500/mo for 4 years - a deal between he and I. His wife wants him to go through an agency to draw up "official" mortgage papers. My mortgage...

Owner Occupancy clause laws [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I bought a condo conversion in san diego 2 1/2 years ago at a 4.25% fixed 30yr interest rate. When we had our first child 5 months ago, we realized we needed to move into something bigger, but that meant renting this place and moving to buffalo. There is a clause in our lender's...

View more questions Search