Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hrarac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Cuban Parolee
    Hi,

I have a good candidate for a position at my company but I'm not sure if he can work with his I-94 Cuban Parolee. He applied for his resident card on May 14 and still waiting for the card. He has a DL and SSC. Can he works with the I-94 Cuban Parolee?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 12:31 PM
    I-94 is not work permit. It means this person is allowed to stay temporarily in US under certain conditions.

The ones who are qualified to work in US must have the following:

• "Employment Authorization Card" (with number I-766 in the back) OR "Permanent Resident Card ( with number I-551 in the back)
    • Social security number
    • State issued Driver's license.

hrarac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee
    I-94 is not work permit. It means this person is allowed to stay temporarily in US under certain conditions.

The ones who are qualified to work in US must have the following:

• "Employment Authorization Card" (with number I-766 in the back) OR "Permanent Resident Card ( with number I-551 in the back)
    • Social security number
    • State issued Driver's license.

He has a DL and SSC. He is from Cuba and he has a work permit before but is expired. Because he already applied for his resident I though he can work (I think cubans are different like people form Haiti they use their I-94 Asylum and they can work with that)
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jul 8, 2008, 01:08 PM
    I-94 are accepted for the following:
    • I-94 stamped Processed for I-551 with an expiration date;
    • I-94 stamped Temporary Form I-551;
    • I-94 Refugee;
    • I-94 Asylum Granted

According to the latest changes, all of the above can obtain work permit.
    Mua 1977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2009, 12:49 AM
    Don't worry Cubans (pretty different from other immigrants) are legal citizens in the united states after they touch American land they got everything, check the link for home land security website

USCIS - Cuban Natives or Citizens Seeking Lawful Permanent Resident Status
    tazz0212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Really?? You seem to know what you are talking about can you please help me
    Sterlingem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 12:25 PM
    Driver's Llicense is NOT a required document for employment, although if you have one, it is considered as an acceptable form of identification.

Not everyone likes to drive and need a driver's license. In some cases, a state issued ID is as good as Driver's License for identification purposes only.
    Sterlingem Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2012, 12:29 PM
    [QUOTE=Mua 1977;1759709]Don't worry Cubans (pretty different from other immigrants) are legal citizens in the united states after they touch American land they got everything, check the link for home land security website

Cubans don't get automatic citizenships once they touch American soil. What they get is a form of legal presence leading to the issuance of a green card. Cubans, like every other green card holders, need to apply with the USCIS if they want to become US CITIZENS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cuban bread get stale [ 5 Answers ]

Cuban bread gets stale. And hard like a rock. I've tried putting in The microwave. Then I wrapped it in a wet paper towel, and put that In the microwave. No benefit. Still like a rock. Any suggestions

US citizen married a Cuban but. [ 1 Answers ]

I have some big issues that I need help with... I married a Cuban guy & he's been a resident for almost 8yrs. He never wanted to apply for the citizenship but I wanted him to do so because of all the changes w/ Immigration Law. The problem is that he committed a felony & got 5 yrs probation - 2...

Cuban to america to canada to in limbo [ 2 Answers ]

I will make is short and brief. I am dating a cuban. His storey is that he left cuba to marry an american, but got himself in trouble with the law ( charged with intent of arson, and threats). He was charged and was supposed to serve time but fled to canada before serving his time or applying...

Cuban songs help [ 5 Answers ]

There was a song in cuba that they always played at the end of the night and I think it was called conga de santiaguera and it was like reggaetonish. If anybody nos what this song is called and who its by please tell me. There was also another song that they played during the entertainment at my...

View more questions Search