Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Jul 8, 2008, 10:13 AM
    What is the average distances on the X-way fence to fence
    Does anyone know what the average distances are on the US expressways from fence to fence? How much shoulder? How wide are the lanes? Lets just say two lanes each way. How wide is the strip between the lanes? I know it varies widely in places but is there an average?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 10:23 AM
    average approximate

average highway lane width =21.5metres (approx 12 ft)
    average median width of 12.2 metres =(40 ft)
    shoulders minimum required 4 ft each

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood privacy fence with steel (metal) fence [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We are planning to put in a 6' wood privacy fence on the sides of our property. We would like to install a metal (steel posing as wrought iron) fence across the front at a later date. My understanding is the terminal metal fence posts would be directly beside but not attached to the terminal...

The fence [ 58 Answers ]

Should the United States build a fence along our southern border with Mexico?

Leaning fence [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I have a 8' wood fence that was cemented in and now is leaning. They were to be put 4' down to avoid the frost and now I can not go back to have them repair it. Is it feeble to dig down further beside and add more cement?? Do I have to lag into the old cement?? Oh this is a 5 year old...

The Fence! [ 2 Answers ]

A couple was driving along a country road. The wife says, "Sweetheart let`s stop and do the same thing we did here forty years ago." The husband stops the car. His wife backs against the fence, and he`s immediately on her like a bass on a June bug. They make love like never before. She was...

View more questions Search