Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foreverlynae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 10:15 PM
    military benefits
    my x-husband left the navy 11 months shy of his 20 year retirement. We were married for almost 16 years. We divorced 3 months after his departure and he informed me he would receive nothing ( 0-zero). No benefits, loans, etc. etc. we live in separate states now and I was just told(11 years, 4 wives, later) he IS receiving some type of pension. How would I find out about that? He got out in 1996. What's really going on?
    thank you, foreverlynae
    tgreer00 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2008, 10:36 PM
    I suppose that means you're interested because you would also receive something due to the length of time you were married to him. If so, it's probably worth calling an attorney or two to determine if spending a bit with an attorney will net future financial gain for you. Good luck.
    armymomof2 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverlynae
    my x-husband left the navy 11 months shy of his 20 year retirement. we were married for almost 16 years. we divorced 3 months after his departure and he informed me he would receive nothing ( 0-zero). no benefits, loans, etc., etc. we live in separate states now and i was just told(11 years, 4 wives, later) he IS receiving some type of pension. how would i find out about that? he got out in 1996. what's really going on?
    thank you, foreverlynae
    It really depends. IF he is getting some type of retirement from the Navy, yes you would be entitled to some of it. The requriments are

15 years of service with 15 years of marriage overlaping service. Now, weather or not it is just access to military servises, or tricare, or money I don't know. You definitely need to contact a DEERS operator (the person you went to see to get your ID card) for further information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military discharge and benefits [ 1 Answers ]

If you have an honorable discharge from prior service military but have a bad conduct discharge from later service, do you still rate your benefits because you have had the honorable discharge?

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

Military wedding [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the Marine Corps. My wedding is planned for after I get out. Can I still have a military wedding after getting out?

View more questions Search