Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 09:52 PM
    Thermostat Brands
    I'm back. :-)

I've already been looking at Honeywells and by looking at user manuals have found one I think I like & will work well w/out too much extra garbage. I've seen them recommended on here. But now this new sales guy I talked to seems pretty stuck on the idea of getting a Bryant to go with the new Bryant heat pump I'm (probably) getting. I do understand the concept of the compatibility. (Though I think he also said something wouldn't be under warranty that way.)

Except I checked out the Bryants and they just seem convoluted & user unfriendly. (Even more so with my strange schedule cause I'll have to do a lot manually.)

So... is there any serious problem getting a Honeywell or is this guy nuts? I doubt it's some kickback or something, cause he doesn't care if I mail order my own and they'll still install it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 10:11 PM
    If the Bryant you select will support the Infinity Control, it will blow any t-stat out of the water.
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 12:40 AM
    I don't even know what Infinity Control is and I've seen nothing about that.

I said I think the Bryants are convoluted and user unfriendly. i.e. I just plain don't like them. If I don't like them, I don't care what they blow out of the water. I'm not a believer that the one with the most cool stuff is the best for any given situation.

I was merely asking about compatibility. I thought it was a simple question.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2008, 01:48 AM
    http://www.xpedio.carrier.com/idc/gr...e=PdfHighlight

TSTAT > SYSTX - Infinity Control

Check out the "Additional Information". There is a Flash Tutorial.

If the HP your considering will accept this control, it's extremely user friendly and it will blow the competition away and it doesn't have a touch screen.

There are a fair amount of tstats on Shop Indoor Air Quality Products | Furnace and Whole House Air Filters from iaqsource.com with access to manuals.

The Vision Pro Series seems to be blowing the competition out of the water, but it's not an easily installed stat. It comes in many flavors and has LOTS of options.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Maybe you should buy from someone else and maybe a different brand that a honeywell tstat is compatible "if that is what you are set on"and won`t void any warranty,, althouge that is a first for me
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2008, 09:01 PM
    The most important considerations when purchasing a heat pump thermostat are that you can adjust the "sweep" and that the heating control can be adjusted to not allow the aux. heat to come on during setback recovery.
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 01:14 AM
    The Infinity is the same as the Bryant Evolution -- you keep wanting to get into the fancier, more expensive stuff that I have no interest in. I have no interest in the VisionPro either. In fact, I'm going to have to get something fancier than what I really need, w/more options than I really need, just to get one that has the aux heat. You think you could come down to my level?

I've already spent quite a bit of time looking at these things and have a pretty good idea what I think I'd like. You're just tossing out ones I've already looked at and know I don't want/need.

And wmproop, I have no idea what you said.

If it helps answer the question, the one I like is the Focus Pro 6220, though I admit I haven't looked at the White-Rodgers. So far I haven't seen an answer about whether there's going to be a compatibility issue with the thing. The closest I've seen is that the Vision Pro is hard to wire, but I'm not getting one of those.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best refrigerator brands [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a feel out there as to what brand of refrigerator is the most reliable?

Makeup Brands [ 3 Answers ]

What's the best bramd of makeup that you would suggest that is the most flawless on acne prone skin.

Subwoofer and amplifier brands [ 0 Answers ]

Can you tell me as much as you can about the car audio brand, for amps and subwoofers,---FUSION? Can you compare it to Phoenix Gold because I'm trying to decide what to get in both amps and subwoofers?

View more questions Search