Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3azie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Need to lose 100 to 150
    Hi I need to lose between 100-150 pounds, I am not lazy and I don't eat a lot but progress seems slow, is there something else I can do to speed it up abit
    jennifer8x8x Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2008, 07:15 PM
    go on weight watchers
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 10, 2008, 11:20 PM
    How tall are you? How much do you weigh?

The first step is to identify you need help. You've done that, KUDOS!

Second step is to pace yourself and start small. Cut out sugar, soda, and fatty/fried foods. Cut portions down. Do not eat after 7-8pm. Take a 1-2 mile walk every other day.

You'll start to see results after two months or so.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2008, 05:39 AM
    First, I need a better assessment of your current physical state. If you need to lose 100 - 150 lbs, best bet is... you're going to have to talk to a physician to make sure that you can actually lose this weight without taxing your body too much.

Second, you may need to speak to a nutritionist.
    Saby2284 Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Jul 13, 2008, 04:42 PM
    Walk everyday for about 30 minutes and Eat 7 Times Day. Like.. Wake up like at 7 or eariler in the morning.. Eat Breakfast (Small amount) Then two or three Hours Later Eat a Breakfast Snack like a Banna. Then Wait other two or Three Hours and Eat Lunch (Small amount) Then a Lunch Snack Then Wait two or three Hours and Eat Dinner ( Small amount) Then a Snack . Try Not to eat Pass 7pm . THE KEY TO LOSE WEIGHT IS YOU MUST EAT IN ORDER FOR YOUR BODY TO BURN CALORES. AND YOU MUST EAT BREAKFAST. BREAKFAST IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE WHOLE DAY, IT SPEEDS UP AND IT STARTS KICK YOUR ENERGY IN YOUR BODY. " ITS LIKE A CAR IN ORDER FOR THE CAR TO WARM UP IN DRIVE YOU NEED TO LET IT SIT FOR ABOUT 2 MINS AND DRIVE AND IN ORDER FOR THE CAR TO MOVE YOU TO NEED TO PUT GAS IN IT". SO That's THE WAY I LOOK AT IT.. :o] AND UMM. OF COURSE YOU NEED TO WORKOUT. I LOST 112 POUNDS AND I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND NOW HOW THE BODY WORKS AND WHAT IT NEEDS.. :o] MAKE SURE YOU SEE YOUR DOCTOR 1ST BEFORE ANY DIET AND WORKOUTS... I HOPE I HELPED YOU.. GOOD LUCK!
    jolee523 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 06:35 PM
    First off try your best to lose what you can before the event. Personally I would start by setting aside at least a half hour for cardio such as: walking, using an elliptical, jump rope, or exercise videos. If you can afford a class like cardio kickboxing it is not as hard as you think it is trust me. Try to find a friend to work out with also, it will make it so much easier. Then some weight training and ab exercises, only 15 to twenty minutes for both. My favorite book is factor 5; it has great workouts in it and is quick with great results in 5 weeks. The only thing I didn't like is the diet plan. I hate anything with too much restriction. IF YOU REALLY want to lose the weight try to work out every day. The diet should consist of Protein Such as: chicken or fish meals at dinner like; salmon or tilapia w/ low fat butter or lemon and pepper with green vegetables and 1 cup brown rice or baked sweet potato. Lunch can consist of either salad (spinach w/ cucumbers, mushrooms, walnuts, mandarin oranges, chicken, tuna salad low fat mayo, or olive oil, hardboiled egg, low fat dressing no creamy. OR you can have broth based soup, or sandwich with turkey lettuce, tomato, low fat cheese on rye or whole wheat. Breakfast try oatmeal, milk, low fat whole wheat waffles w/ low fat cream cheese, banana w/ pb, or whole wheat English muffin, easy low fat foods with protein in the morning. For dessert try low fat pudding or jello. If snacks are needed try celery and 2 tbsp Pb, mozzarella sticks low fat, or fruits before 3 pm.Try not to eat 2 hrs before bed. . By the way information has been collected over time and this is what works for me. I work in a pharmacy and try to get advice there, and I also read a lot. Hope this helps don't give up you can do it. Your goal is to lose as much weight as possible before the wedding; you can't fail unless you just don't try. For more advice you can contact me at email address jamielee52384@yahoo.
    shw3nn Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2008, 02:09 PM
    First thing you need to do is weight lifting. A pound of muscle burns up to 50 calories a day. Try to get to your big muscle groups because it's easier to add bulk to those. Hit your back, shoulders, abs, glutes and upper leg muscles. And hit them hard.

Also, keep a journal of what you are eating. It's easy to fool yourself into thinking you are eating a lot less than you actually are. If you write down everything you put in your mouth, you'll have a better chance of taking the weight off.

I just recently cut out carbs completely after 3 pm. I've been losing a pound a week which is pretty good considering I've only got about 8 lbs. to take off. You might give that a shot, too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Think and lose [ 6 Answers ]

Hi you guys, I'm a 21 yr old female that has been desperately trying to lose weight for a while, I recently gained a lot of weight due to me being laid off, and I I've been sitting around eating w/o exercising, it seemed like no matter what diet I go on, I don't see any lasting results,I gain it...

I need to lose 150 lbs [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Let Myself Go And I Now Weigh 300 .im 5 Ft 7 In Tall. Im Not Ugly And I Know If I Lost This Weight I Would Look And Feel So Much Better, I Look At Myself And I Get So Depressed . Where Do I Start? What Do I Do? I Have High Blood Pressure So I Can't Take Diet Pills. Please Help Me :(

I'm going to lose her, how do we get through this? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 28 and my girlfriend is 25. I have been in a relationship for over three years with my girlfriend and I love her to bits but I have a problem with myself in that I keep going behind her back to go on gay or bi chat sites, not to meet anyone but to chat and arrange a meet but never can go...

401 K and lose of job [ 10 Answers ]

My husband thinks he may lose his job, we have two 401Ks with this company, one is from a previous company that was purchased by the company he now works for. He is unable to do anything with that 401K, except when he leaves the company, it has roughly $17000 in it, and the other has roughly...

Can We Lose Our Car? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband recently got a notice of Garnishment for our bank account for a repossession of a car. If he was to file Chap 7 alone, could we lose our current car? I was also on the re-possed car as co-owner but I am not on this one. I am also on disability, so they can not garnish my disability...

View more questions Search