Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyblue21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 05:06 PM
    How do we get these papers signed over to us?
    There is a woman that comes into my office building about once a month to pay her bills, she has 5 children and is pregnant again. She has adopted all of them out to other people and her mother. She has said to some of my coworkers, that she will sign her unborn child over to anyone that wants it. My husband and I are unable to have children of our own and we would love to help this little child. We were just wondering if this was legal, and if so how would we go about signing over the legal papers to adopt the baby. If anyone can help, we would appreciate it. Thanks!
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Get a lawyer specializing in family law.

You NEED to have her parental rights signed over, and adoptive papers filled out and filed with the courts.

A lawyer will walk you through the process and keep you from losing the child back to the birthmom later.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 05:32 PM
    It can be done, but it takes some very specific paper work, so you will want a family law attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get papers [ 3 Answers ]

I just adopted 3 mini-daschound puppies (so far they look long hair.) a co-worker got one. The parents were from another co-worker. The parents were never registered. Is there any way that we can register ours? All are pure breed. Thanks for any help. They were born overnight 1/1-1/2/08.

Papers 4 divorce [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I am needing to find divorce papers to fill out. Is there any where to get them that doesn't charge you for them?:confused:

Married me for papers [ 3 Answers ]

I believe that my husband married me for legal papers. It has been exactly one year since he received legal docs to stay in the US and now we are separated. I heard through the grapevine that he was still married in his country. I am unsure of what to do? Should I call INS and remove the...

Papers are signed and we are just waiting for a court date but. [ 2 Answers ]

If both parties have signed divorce papers and haven't lived with each other for 3 months can one of them still get the other for adultery? My soon to be ex husband moved his ex wife in before papers were signed and now he is trying to get me for adultery because I have friends of the opposite sex,...

Served Papers [ 1 Answers ]

I got served papers a 30 days ago by my sons father. We currently do not have anything on paper about who has custody and have not since he was born. Our son spends 3 days a week with him and 4 days with me. I live an hour away from his father and the papers that I got served with are asking for...

View more questions Search