Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nydalal Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Questions on personal loan
    Hi Experts,

I am working here in US on H-1 Visa since 2005. I have got very good credit history here. I would like to buy property in India and hence I am looking for a personal loan in US. The money I would get as personal loan would go for existing properties maintenance as well.

I have got couple of questions here:

1. Will I be eligible for personal loan here? Do I need to say that the amount , I will be sending to India and will be spent there for properties there.

2. What are the tax consequences in US?

Ni
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jul 7, 2008, 06:47 PM
    1. For personal loan talk to your bank or a financial institution.
    2. There is no tax consequence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need a Personal Loan, But I have No Credit [ 2 Answers ]

I need a personal loan of about five or six thousand dollars. I have no previous credit and I don't know anyone who has good enough credit to co-sign for me to take a loan out of the bank. It is extremely important that I have this loan within the next week or so, due to medical problems that I...

Personal loan vs gift [ 3 Answers ]

I gave $2,000 to then-boyfriend to help him with general living expenses while he was studying to sit for the bar exam. I wrote 3 separate checks over 4 months, noting "loan" in the memo section of the check. We did not discuss any specific repayment terms but he assured me verbally that once he...

A personal loan I made [ 19 Answers ]

A friend of mine asked me to lend $2500 to her, for her daughter who could not pay her Morguage for the month because her husband lost days at work. I took the cash out Of my savings a/c and as instructed, put it into my friends a/c at another bank. It has been over a year and all I got was...

Judgement on a Personal Loan / Education [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I'm trying to re-establish myself. I pulled a copy of my credit report and need some advise on a judgement passed on a loan. First off let me explain the loan. In 1999 I took a loan called a Plato Education Loan from Wells Fargo Bank. I made monthly payments on it but after 2 years or so I...

Personal Loan [ 1 Answers ]

I am a small company looking for a personal loan. I have bad credit and the company has only been around for 7 months. I am looking for $8,000.00 over 3 years and am willing to pay a high interest rate. I would like the loan to be unsecured but am willing to put the Equipment I own up for...

View more questions Search