Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 02:35 PM
    If you break open a pill and only consume the powder, is it still effective?
    Today I got this new bottle of Dr, James glutathione pills and its in the new anti counterfiet bottle. The seller sold it to me for 40$ but everywhere else people are selling it for like 100$ or 200$. I even came across someone who was selling for 1500$! So do you think the seller is selling a fake product!?

meanwhile back at the ranch......

So I opened the pill up and I seen this white powder and I put it in my mouth and washed it down with some tropicana orange jiuce. So should I just swallow the pill or the powder?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 02:42 PM
    The capsule is just a gelatin. The powder is the glutathione.
    DID you research the knock of counterfit?
    There are a lot of posts on this board of scam whiteners.
    mels mom Posts: 39, Reputation: 6

Jul 7, 2008, 05:30 PM
    I don't know what pills you are taking. But some are put in desovable capsules for a reason. Some medication is too strong for your mouth and throat and may burn on the way down. I don't know anything about the botles you mentiond.
    Cyprine Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Glutathione is not that expensive. It's a natural supplement sold at Health Food stores. My local health food store sells it for about $45 a bottle (500mg capsules).

The reason why those other sellers you mentioned are ripping people off is because of they market it like a magic ultra-rare whitening ingredient when if you read the label the active ingredient is simply glutathione. If you've never heard of glutathioone before, you are more succeptible to being wowed by the advertising of pills like that as some magic rare whitening breakthrough.

And yes, there have been studies showing glutatione inhibits melanin synthesis, at doses about 2x the therapeutic dose of 300-500mg.

Jul 7, 2008, 08:20 PM
    BITTER!!!! OMG thank you N0help4u I could not think of that word when I was trying to describe the taste lol! The taste is very bitter!
    madameblue Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jul 12, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Well, good if it is bitter because real glutahione has a bitter sulfur like smell and taste.

Jul 12, 2008, 09:51 PM
    I stopped using it lol
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Jul 13, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Well, just for future reference, in my experience, pills have been MORE effective if I take the powder wtihout the capsule. I don't recommend it, because it's a horrid experience (AWFUL taste), but... yeah.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much power will my new A/C unit really consume? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, We just got a new a/c unit (outside condenser) with the following specs. Cooling Capacity : 30000btu 208/60 Min. circuit amp: 16.2 Compressor: Rated Load Amps: 11.8 Locked Running Amps: 73

How long till you can consume alcohol. [ 2 Answers ]

How long till u can consume alcohol after taking hydrocodone, etodolac, and diazepam?

Taking a break from the pill [ 1 Answers ]

I have always had irregular periods so I went on the pill about a year and a half ago. I'm not sexually active. Everything was going OK, no spots, no weight gaining etc. Last time I went to my gynecologist, I told her I heard that it's not good to take the pill with no intervals for too long so...

Pill powder [ 1 Answers ]

I'm thinking about taking this testosterone booster called Isa-test. The problem is I have a tough time swallowing pills. I wanted to know if it's OK to break the capsule open and just eat the powder?

Do fluorescent light consume extra power when turned on? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I've been having an ongoing debate with several people for quite a few years now over whether the "fluorescent startup myth" is true or not. The legend is that although fluo's consume less power than incandescents while running, fluo's consume a lot of power when you first start them up -...

View more questions Search