Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    new investor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Investment calculations
    Lets' say that I have $200 and as a new investor, I wanted to begin investing in a company whose shares cost $31.93. Would I multiply the $200 by the price and arrive at the exact number of shares I will have?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2008, 01:26 PM
    No?

You'd take 200 and divide by 31.93 and get 6.26... which is the number of shares you'll have.

Of course, this doesn't take into account the commission.
    new investor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 01:29 PM
    Thanks isneezefunny!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Witholding Tax Calculations [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, First off, I would like to know what I am about ask because of a self-project I am doing. I am making a program, a "Paycheck Calculator" for jobs with hourly pay. Its coming along very well and have a lot for options to better calculate a proximity of what your paycheck will be for the...

NPV,PI, and IRR calculations [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering a major expansion of a product line hand and have estimated the following free cash flows associated with such an expansion. The initial outlay associated with the expansion would be $1,950,000, and the project would generate from cash flows of $450,000 per year for six years. The...

Npv,pi, and irr calculations [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering a major expansion of a product line hand and have estimated the following free cash flows associated with such an expansion. The initial outlay associated with the expansion would be $1,950,000, and the project would generate from cash flows of $450,000 per year for six years. The...

GST calculations [ 5 Answers ]

I wanted to know how you take a total that already includes 6% gst and find out exactly how much gst was paid? Example: 45.00 includes 6% Gst-how much of the $45.00 is actually GST?:confused: Please show calculation. Thanks!

View more questions Search