Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hogansandy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2003, 12:35 PM
    Barn board

I have ugly dark barn board on the lower half of my basement walls in my rec room. Can you paint these and if so do you have to have special paint for this. I'm not sure paint would even cover all the crevices and nooks in the wood. Any ideas?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2003, 08:35 PM
    Re: barn board
    Any ordinary latex paint should do. Maybe what I do with concrete would work for you. Thin the paint way down and then apply as heavy as you can. This makes it easy to get paint down into all the low spots.

Personally I hate to see you do that. Somebody paid good money for that real wood, and once painted, it is gone forever. Perhaps try bleaching it first with just regular household bleach. If that is a disaster, you can still paint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shed/Barn wiring [ 2 Answers ]

I've got a decent sized shed out about 150ft from the house, I plan on running the cable underground in conduit. But I am unsure of what style/size cable I need to use for a 50A circuit 220/240V. I'm assuming that I probably need to use service entrance cable and can't use 6G stranded. I've tried...

Leaving the Board [ 65 Answers ]

Due to some people on here my replies will be given to those who wish to ask me a question via an email address, My time is given to help those who genuinley need advise and help and not those who want to waste time with petty comment on others answers. Sorry for any inconvienience this may cause...

View more questions Search