Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penken Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2008, 04:31 AM
    Steps to remove a chain link fence
    What steps do I need to take to remove a chain link fence? There's only one side left. Do I cut the wires between the posts? There are vines and briars and trees growing through the fence? Thanks!
    sinedo Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 09:41 AM
    Chain link fences go up and down in one piece. The fence material is usually tied to the line posts with twisted wires; you'll have to remove those, and I'd do that first. Then go to either end and loosen the bolts that hold the tension bar which is treaded down through the fence. Do the same at the other end, and the fence will lay down on the ground. Do what you have to with the plants to get them out of the fence; most will grow back, if you cut them down. As for the posts, the line posts should be easily pulled out, but the end posts might take a lot more work. They might be worth leaving until you are sure what you'll do next.
    See pictures: How to install chain link fence
    Denis
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Removing the posts will generally involve excavating to one side. Pushing the post over on the opposite side. Rotating a bit and then breaking up the cement.
    JohnsPop Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Are you trying to save the fence for re-use? Can you get your truck up near the fence? With all the vines and briars growing in it, I'd cut the wires around the post if I could get to them without too much trouble, weave a steel cable through a few strands of the fence, hook it to your trailer hitch and gun it. :-) This is the technique we use for clearing sections of brush that are next to impossible to get in to cut or dig up. We just snatch it out in chunks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting a chain linked fence [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to paint a chain linked fence?

Chain Link Fence Gate [ 3 Answers ]

We need to build some sort of gate to keep our dogs in. The best idea was a swinging chainlink gate on a wheel. The space we are gating , we need to access ir for cars as well. We had a estimate from a contracto and it was outrageous. I saw some 100 feet of used chainlink with a few posts for $75....

How do I re-paint an old aluminum fence (not chain link)? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a black aluminum pool fence that is about ten years old. It is looking very tired, faded and worn. Rather than spend the money to replace the entire fence I would like to repaint it. I have contacted the manufacturer (elite) and they informed me that they only sell touch up paint and that no...

Remove a chain link fence [ 4 Answers ]

We are removing a chain link fence. Should we leave the concrete in the ground? If no, how do we get it out?

View more questions Search