Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cyber_vin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2006, 11:29 PM
    Nursing Agency Scam
    Allegations of a scam to register overseas nurses to practice in the UK were referred to the Serious Fraud Office yesterday after a nine-month inquiry by the profession's regulator.
    The Nursing and Midwifery Council said 83 nurses from India and various African countries were placed on the register without undergoing the required training in British nursing procedures.

It said they were on the books of a nursing agency which gave assurances that it had put them through full-time supervised courses, but had in fact provided them with no more than part-time familiarisation visits.

The NMC said the alleged scam was discovered when a chief nurse at a north-west London NHS trust discovered that overseas nurses were present in the hospital without an official reason for being there.

The council said the 83 nurses were innocent victims of the scam. They did not complete the required period of supervised practice and would be removed from the register within 14 days. Some may be readmitted to the register quickly, but others may require lengthy retraining.

Four nurses employed by the agency were being investigated under the council's fitness to practice procedures. The council submitted a report to the SFO, but chose not to name the agency.
    http://www.nursingagencykit.com
    Nursing graduates are really in demand nowadays but they just have to be careful enough to avoid scams
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the info.
    Not only Nurses, but other professions as well, must be careful about scams. If anyone wants to attend schooling, they would be much better off attending a well-known educational center; in person.
    cyber_vin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2006, 07:34 PM
    Yes and not just being well known but also an educational center with integrity and good feedbacks from his graduates

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tmobile Is A Scam [ 11 Answers ]

Jan 9, 2005 T Mobile P.O. Box 3210 Albuquerque, NM 87190-3210 Re: 330213164 To whom it may concern:

Usb Drive Scam [ 4 Answers ]

I had purchased a 512mb USB 5 in 1 Mp3 Player. And when I formatted it, the memory got reduced to 256mb disk, even I used complete 497 mb storage before formatting. But after formatting I was surprised to see that it became 256mb drive. Is there any solution for this problem. When I asked...

How do you know if it's a scam? [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way of telling what prodcuts are scams when looking for skin lightening methods online? (ie- I've heard that http://www.whiterskin.com is a scam) And what's the deal with chemical peels... are they good or bad?

Email scam [ 18 Answers ]

Hi Please see a scam that's doing its rounds across the web again, I found this in my inbox this morning... ;) Email sender = "vivian amana" <[email protected]>

View more questions Search