Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eblamasan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Jockey pump operation
    What is the ideal time interval for a jockey pump to automatically switch on and off? Is it normal to have a hammering sound after the pump switches off?
    dulenz Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Nov 4, 2008, 11:01 PM
    Jockey pumps usually switch on and off on a pressure sensor. You should not have pump starting more than 4-5 times per hour because of the motor protection. You can reduce number of starts per hour by properly sizing pressurisation vessel.

Hammering sound that you hear is the check valve closing. That is normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump operation [ 8 Answers ]

First time using a heat pump... winter season (Ohio), the blower continuosly runs. Thermostat never reaches the temperature it is set on. Example... set at 65 and house temp is 62 degrees. At times the back up (electric furnace) comes on but still never reaches what the therostat is set at and...

Heat pump operation [ 1 Answers ]

At what outdoor temperature is it recommended to switch thermostat to Emergency heat setting on a heat pump?

The operation [ 3 Answers ]

Jimmy went to his local doctor and stated confidently, 'ive considered the options and decided I was to be castrated' The doctor is rather shocked at this and asks why he wants to do that? Jimmy replies 'well my friend had it done and said it drastically improved his sex life', The...

Is this normal heat pump operation? [ 3 Answers ]

Our tstat is set at 72 and the other night it got down into the mid 30's. When the heat first comes on the air coming out of the register is very cool (around 75) and then after running for about 5 minutes the temp at the register finally reaches the mid 90's. Is this normal heat pump operation?...

Is this normal heat pump operation? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a lennox heatpump/blower unit and noticed yesterday that instead of cycling on and off it ran pretty much all day. The high yesterday was 96 and I had the tstat set at 76. When I got home last night at around 5:30 it was on and I don't think it shut off until about 10:30. Is this normal...

View more questions Search