Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bandit2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 09:40 PM
    MC/VISA UK award program 2,800,000 british pounds
    I received an award letter from master/visa awarw promotion united kingdom. Is there such a award?
    iamften Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jul 6, 2008, 10:06 PM
    Very likely a scam. There are quite a few out there of the variety - XXX Corporation (Microsoft is a popular one) has awarded you XXXX dollars/pounds.

It is generally either a scam or phishing. The scam will ask you to pay a "finders fee" or some other "processing fee" and once you've paid them, they have your account numbers (which they can clean out) or the money you pay them. If it is a phishing attempt (from an e-mail) then they will ask you to log in somewhere (perhaps a visa site) and again, you are entering sufficient personal information for your identity to be stolen.

If Visa / MC were having such a promotion, it would be all over the telly.

Best,

Flo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can F1 visa be transferred to H1B visa with out joining OPT program? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Currently I am MSC student on F1 visa currently authorized to work .I have been working as a software engineer,network engineer and web developer for the last six years . I am confused about the conversion of F1 to H1B Visa status. Can I Change my F1 visa to H1B visa with out joining the OPT...

Pakistani Husband And I'm British . How do I go about the visa? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey all Hope someone can help me... I got married April 2007, my husbands from Pakistan and Im from the u.k I came back to the u.k and started working.. Ive got 3months worth of wage slips (previose from this I worked for several years but had to leave my job to go abroad to get married)...

Award of Arbitration [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me what this means? I have researched it online, but it doesn't make sense to me!

J-1 visa exempt of SS and Medicare taxes (Work and Travel program) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I was present in us for 150 days in 2005 on a J-1visa. I participate in Work and Travel program. Surprisingly for me, my employer deducts SS and Medicare taxes from my salary. I talked to him about that and he said that IRS would fix the mistake in the end of the year. I filled...

British with J1 visa in New York [ 5 Answers ]

I am about to get a J1 visa for work in the US. I will be living and working in Manhattan for the full year. What taxes will I need to pay? Can I remain UK domicile if I still have a home in the UK and avoid any tax? Or does the J1 give me any reductions?

View more questions Search