Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lancer2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Unfriendly neighbors
    I live next to neighbors who are not friendly at all. I welcomed them to the community when they moved in and tried to speak to them when I could. However, things soured and since then they have practically ignored me. I heard they don't like single folks and they don't like Blacks. I have a few neighbors who are Black who are totally ignored also. I am sure they observe the same rude behaviour from these folks. I don't like living in a neighorhood where people are not tolerant of others because of their single status or race. Where is the respect for diversity that is a hallmark of America? So much silly hatred and wasted energy. They ignore me and I ignore them.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 05:52 PM
    I don't understand what your question is.

Ignorance is all over the place, you can't control it within others, only within yourself and the ones you teach. Just ignore them. It won't go away, but you can put it out of your head.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Well unless you move to Montania and have a ranch where there is not a neighbor for about 30 miles, you will never have what you want.
    No matter where you live you will find a few, some or a lot of people who don't like white people, or black people, or mexicans or chinese or so on.
    You will have some that don't like single family or hate kids of any type.

This is also one of the things that also made america great in a way, the ability of a person in the US to have their own beleifs and not be forced to lie about they way they feel.
    Lancer2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 06:42 PM
    As you say the best course of action is ignore them. They would like me to move out and I refuse to do so. How many times have good people had to move away from beer drinking rednecks who are loaded with all their hatred for everyone else?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 06:58 PM
    It takes all kinds to make the world go 'round and you can't expect everybody to like you.
    That is their shallow minded problem, not yours. Make friends with the other neighbors and have them over for a picnic and have a good time and forget them. I have had my share of snobby neighbors. I see that as their loss when they can only associate with people that are just like them. And as I have told others that didn't like their neighbors... it could be worse they could blast their radio, party loud and have huge fights, shootings and who knows what all night long. My neighborhood gets like that from time to time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Welcome to my last neighborhood, we only had one that even spoke to us, had our dog poisoned twice and finally shot and killed in our yard.
    ( police would not even do a report) The one behind us, would stand on his roof to shot his bow at his deer target. And would sight in high power rifles by shooting across the road in front of his home ( our main way to get to our home) The other neighbor had a pistol range built into his back yard and did not see a problem with their kids coming into our yard to play, and even get into our storage shed. Throw in 4 wheelers zooming around often into our property.

But then I can tell you about the opposite living in the middle of the hood also.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    welcome to my last neighborhood, we only had one that even spoke to us, had our dog poisoned twice and finally shot and killed in our yard.
    ( police would not even do a report) The one behind us, would stand on his roof to shot his bow at his deer target. And would sight in high power rifles by shooting across the road in front of his home ( our main way to get to our home) The other neighbor had a pistol range built into his back yard and did not see a problem with thier kids comming into our yard to play, and even get into our storage shed. Throw in 4 wheelers zooming around often into our property.

But then I can tell you about the opposite living in the middle of the hood also.
    That's what happens when you live on a gun range! :P
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

Jul 6, 2008, 07:08 PM
    People do really stupid things, and really mean things, it is not fair that they would ignore you because of race and status,especially since you welcomed them in the first place. Unfortantly you can't change what they think, and you can't cure ignorance I would suggest leave them alone they ingnore you so ignore them, there is no reason why you should put up with such rude biast behavior. Everywhere you go there will be people who can't see good people if they stood right in fron of them, so just ignore them and keep on living.
    Hope it works out.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Hmm, move then. They have every right to not like single people, for what reason there I do not understand. But as far as them not liking the blacks in the neighborhood it could be stereotyping. The stereotyping goes with rape, loud obscene what they call music, drugs, gangs, theft, welfare recipients driving new vehicles with their tax dollars, etc... This is why they probably do not want the blacks there. So it is just how some folks are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Neighbors? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a married couple with no children that lives above (I live a condo) me. I have lived here for 5 yrs. With my girlfriend. Three months after I moved in I hookup my stereo. After only 3 songs played he was knocking on my door to turn down my music. I didn't because first it wasn't loud and...

At War with the neighbors [ 12 Answers ]

The neighbors downstairs will not quit! They are constantly banging on the ceiling and the walls and it is quite annoying. I have notified the on- site property manager and all he can do is tell them to stop doing it. They will never stop, they are very confrontational and I am fed up! At this...

Bad Bad Neighbors [ 7 Answers ]

My sister lives in a major city. Her apartment is on the third floor of brownstone type building. Her and her husband love the place and their landlord; but not the tenants that live downstairs. It seems that when they get drinking the boyfriend gets violent. The other day my sister and her...

Neighbors [ 20 Answers ]

We have had some fun and some sad stories about our next door neighbors Would everyone like to share some of theirs with us. ** today I was getting ready for our winter weather, I got my generator out and get it started, well in about 30 min my next door neighbor got his out and started...

My new neighbors [ 2 Answers ]

My neighbors have had a street light instulled and lights up my entire front yard and half of my home.. it is very disturbing to me and the way I was used to living how can I take care of the new and very annoying problem?

View more questions Search