Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    correa_heart Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Hair in a bun ,hair grow faster?
    Does having you hair in a bun really help hair growth?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Not that I have heard.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 29, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Can You Make Hair Grow Faster?

Read that.. that should explain things.

NO trimming won't make your hair grow faster!
    YES it will help it minimize spliting and breakage.

NO shampoos can't make it grow faster!
    YES it can keep your hair healthy and shiney!

YES your hair grows a half inch a month. And more in the warmer months.
    YES it is possible that stimulation to your scalp can help.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 04:57 PM
    I've heard that putting hair up can make it actually stunt the growth... is this true?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2008, 05:54 PM
    I wore my behind length long hair in a bun for over 15 years and it didn't grow any faster as I didn't have it in a rubber band but used large roller pins instead. My hair naturally grows fast - it was a pain in the neck to keep up with the dark roots. It's in your genes if your hair grows fast or not.
    adgeer Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 04:01 AM
    Bunning your hair will not make your hair grow faster. However, it will help to retain growth. The reason being is because your ends are protected, thus reducing the chance of split ends and breakage from hair rubbing up against clothing and jewelry. However, if you bun your hair everyday, please be careful of the tension that it may cause on your edges. Tension on the edges may also cause thinning of the edges. Also, if you're going to bun everyday, be sure to keep your ends and hair moisturized before pinning or bunning it up. Also, try to rotate the position of the bun every other today so as not to put too much stress on one area of your head. Hope this helps!

Antonina

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do to grow my hair faster [ 4 Answers ]

I ve cut my hair very short and it doesn't look good I want to grow it long please sugguest me

Making your hair grow faster [ 10 Answers ]

Anyone know any ways/tips to make my hair grow faster? I'm trying to grow out my hair colour. Thanks :] xox

Is there a way you can make your hair grow faster? [ 10 Answers ]

Is there? I heard that taking vitamins and sleeping well makes it grow faster. I mean mine grew like 2 cms in about 4 weeks. Is that a lot?

How do I make my hair grow faster? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there really a way to make your hair grow faster? I have to be careful what I take, like medicine. I am on medicine for post partum depression. So if there is a pill that can make your hair grow faster , I need to make sure it doesn't interact with my medicine. Or how about something you put in...

Make hair grow faster [ 5 Answers ]

Hi is there any thing I should eat or pop in to make hair grow faster? I colored my hair and I do not like it but I do not want to color again I just want to grow back my natural hair color

View more questions Search