Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrivero83 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 07:58 AM
    Literary theory
    Literary theory - EAGLETON

Hi! I'm reading a chapter called: "What is literature"? the author is Eagleton.My question is: Why does the distinction between FACT and FICTION to define literature stand up to close scrutiny? Thanks for helping me.
    sinedo Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2008, 11:57 AM
    If you are writing a book, you must decide whether it is fact or fiction, for the reader's sake. If someone wants to learn or research, they'll buy for facts or history. In between, a historical novel is still useful to both types of readers, but an author must establish a reputation of truth telling, generally, like James Michner and others.
    Denis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need A Literary Agent [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I've published my first novel. It's a great novel with a great story that has to be told. Does anyone know an honest literary agent willing to take a chance on a newcomer?

Would I need a Literary Agent. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello:) I really need to get myself moving and get my 'stuff' published. Yet find myself stuck time and again, not knowing how to proceed. I believe in my writings, and know they will sell. Hope you can help point me in the right direction. Would I need a Literary Agent if:

Bohr theory vs modern theory [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone explain the differences between the bohr and the modern atomic theories in the description of the electron Thanks :p

View more questions Search