Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 10:50 PM
    Grants for the Disabled.
    Are there any grants available for disabled women? I have a friend who receives SSI. She's a paraplegic. Goes to school. But needs more money to live. Are there any grants available to someone in her situation?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MiK=meek
    i should be pissed for what you done but if she can prove she need it got injuied at work or public place she can or even if she can prove she can't live off that lil she got she may also file for welfare checks
    Troll alert.
    Vision Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 11:13 PM
    It's mad cause it got a reddie for telling someone that had brown discharge they might have breast cancer. Her injury is more than seven years old... irrelevant.
    Vision Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 11:32 PM
    I didn't come to for advice, you responded to my question that was posted on a public forum.

And breast tenderness is a sign of pregnancy, hence the reason she mentioned it. Also a sign of menstrual cycle. Please do not repsond to questions that you are not knowledgeable about.
    Pets Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 12:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MiK=meek
    lol real funny but she said her breast hurt and if i recall you came to me for some advice after you post this

Meek, you do realize how this site works, right? This is a public forum, as such, you are free to go answer questions, or post questions etc. But there are rules and regulations, may I suggest you read them before posting further.

Now, there are certain forums, like woman's health, pregnancy and motherhood and others, that do not need people coming on and guessing an answer. Saying that someone has breast cancer because she has a brown discharge and tender breasts, well, thank goodness the OP in that case was a mature, intelligent adult, because had it been a teen, you could have scared her to death, unnecessarily. You have to be accurate, if you can't, then don't respond. And diagnosing breast cancer, well, no one can do that on the internet, no guesses, only facts or suggestions.

Also, and please don't be offended, use better sentence structure, some punctuation, no chat speak, and the best english you are capable of, as your posts are extremely difficult to read.

Thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    It's mad cause it got a reddie for telling someone that had brown discharge they might have breast cancer. Her injury is more than seven years old....irrelevant.

Read the rest of the posts - speak volumes about the intelligence and purpose of this person -
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Jul 6, 2008, 10:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    Read the rest of the posts - speak volumes about the intelligence and purpose of this person -
    Glad I'm not the only one that thinks so. :p
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 01:42 PM
    LOL... I did actually read the rest of this person's posts. Go to my post about my dog peeing, it's ridiculous. I agree completely agree guys. I've RIP'ed almost all posts by this individual.
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    LOL...I did actually read the rest of this person's posts. Go to my post about my dog peeing, it's ridiculous. I agree completely agree guys. I've RIP'ed almost all posts by this individual.

What language is that he/she is speaking? I thought it was "text" but I don't think that's even it. Should be banned but, hey, it's a weekend and adds to the fun. Or something.

Can you tell school is out?
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 02:01 PM
    LOL. I am assuming that's what it is. It has a "troll alert high" tag thing on its posts, under its name.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Most of his ( her) posts were deleted
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Good. This is ridiculous, we are on page 2. And I have no where near an answer to my question.
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Your post has been reported as inappropriate, I'm sure you will be banned soon. Don't bother making another profile to harass people on this site, they can track you by your IP. But thanks for making me laugh. Interlect! Haha!
    Pets Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 03:05 PM
    He's gone. No worries. Trolls don't last long here, the mods are great. :)
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 03:07 PM
    I agree!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 6, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    He's gone. No worries. Trolls don't last long here, the mods are great. :)
    Admin's are better ;)
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Everything I find about grants for the disabled has some sort of private sponsor - her school should have "good" info.

I have a blind friend and the school aid office provided her with all sorts of contact info but I believe it primarily paid for tuition/books. I don't believe she received money toward day-to-day living expenses.
    Vision Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 03:55 PM
    She's already tried that and as it's a community college, they don't have much to offer her
    Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Curly beat me to that one, I should have banned him when I deleted a dozen of his posts, but there was a dozen OK ones, so I warned them and hoped it would help,
    Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 06:33 PM
    But to answer, in the US ( forget where you are at) there is low cost housing ( normally a several month or more waiting list) for low income.
    There is local help though civic and non profit and religious groups for remodeling of the home. Also on the local level the cities or groups will get the grants to do work for those in need, usually no direct help with money to the actual person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Business grants for disabled and convicted felon [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is a convicted felon but also is disabled. Would someone know a research direction to start?

Home Improvements grants for disabled [ 5 Answers ]

I am in need of grant money either government or private to use for remodeling the home that I own for handicap accesability, or possibly purchasing a home - a substantial amount is needed because the house is both old and small. Are there any legitimate resources free help with that ? I am a 44...

Disabled 401k [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I am 40 years of age and worked 12 years for the same company and got hurt on the job. I had to have a disc replacement and now disabled and applying for SS. I have a 401k with the company but I, see you get a early withdraw penalty. So should I try and with draw it myself or should I get a tax...

Disabled and canceling my SSI [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am disabled and unable to work. In fact when I turned 18 I signed up for SSI. I am 28 now. Today I got papers stating they were canceling my SSI because I did not come into a appointment that was made and choose a program. The problem with this was I did not know of any...

View more questions Search