Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dkb Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Regarding W2 and state/local tax..
    Hi,

When filing the state tax form, do we need to add both state tax (W2 - Box 17) and local tax (W2 - Box 19) for reporting the total tax withheld by the state OR the amount in Box 17 suffices? My status for 2005 was F1/OPT.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks..
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 26, 2006, 09:25 PM
    DKB:

Only the amount in Box 17 applies to state withholding.
    reynolds2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 05:04 AM
    Where do I find county tax withheld
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 14, 2012, 09:31 AM
    At the bottom of the W-2, under LOCAL Wages

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State and Local Wage on W-2 [ 3 Answers ]

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=17149 Thanks for your info on another post, AtlantaTaxExpert. About the W-2, I am a little confused. I tried to read the W-2 guideline but still could not get it (I am new to this... ). First what is the difference between State wage (box 16)...

Local profiles [ 3 Answers ]

Just wondering about what specifics, local profiles tie down either by using Deep Freeze after copying a specific profile to the default user, or by using the mandatory local profile. I am having some issues with default printers changing after freezing the local proflie. Are they included in a...

Local Disk [ 3 Answers ]

Dear All, I just want to ask, since I don't know what to do yesterday about my 2 local disk partition, I decided to re-install the OS, and delete all the local partition that I have. What's left to me is the C:\ drive, I lost the drive that has a 7.8 MB free space. Is there a way I can retrieve...

Local Disk [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I really thought that way. But when I check the contents of the remaining local disk it is still the same. I mean before I formatted the contents of d:\ drive is 18.6 GB and the C:\ drive is 7.8 MB after formatting, I really don't know where did the 7.8 MB contents of C:\ drive goes,...

Local Disk [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Kindly help, My laptop has 2 local disk c:\ and D:\ how can I make it just one. My C:\ DRIVE has a 7.8 MB free space I want to transfer it to D:\ DRIVE who has A 18.5 MB free space. Your Kind help is very much appreaciated. Br, Yolly

View more questions Search