Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    k flick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 06:22 PM
    John deer riding mower
    I need to know how to change a mower drive belt on a 48 inch john deer riding mower
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 07:48 PM
    Remove the front belt guide from around the electric clutch, remove the belt guide from the tranny and loosen the idler assembly and replace.
    VWGURU Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 07:49 PM
    I highly recommend getting the manual for this. I replaced mine recently first I got the wrong belt. Tractor supply gave me the wrong belt I put it on it was too short and broke then I went to john deere to get the right belt and it was cheaper than the wrong belt. Check both the mowing deck belt and the transmission belt mine has 3 total. Replace them all the first time and any idler pulleys that feel "rough" a bad pulley will eat a new $15 belt before you can say "i smell smoke"happy mowing
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 07:53 PM
    Always go with OEM. Never get a subsitute

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

John Deer Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

Mower stops running when blade is engaged.

John Deer riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old John Deer riding mower, 11HP engine (Model# 52707,Type 0228-01, Code 8110211).It starts great and runs fine, but after mowing grass with it for a little while it start to smoke from the bottom of the engine and starts leaking oil.Then it starts to loose power. Is the main oil seal...

John Deere Sabre riding mower [ 2 Answers ]

I need to get the back wheel off my JD Sabre mower. It looks like there is a shear pin that is holding it on after I get the big snap ring off. How do I get the pin out?

John Deere L 110 Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have an L 110 riding mower from John Deere and I have to charge the battery. I just bought a charger and will charge it for first time. My question is I have to know if the 12 volt battery in my mower is a wet battery, gel battery, or agm battery. Can you tell me which battery it is? Thanks!

View more questions Search