Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redneck6 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Time to serve in marines
    How long do you HAVE to serve in the marines?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 05:04 PM
    You can do a 4 year enlistment with at least 2 having to be served active duty with the other 2 reserve

Two Year Enlistment Option (National Call to Service Program)

Enlistment and Reenlistment Bonuses - Military Benefits - Military.com
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 05:28 PM
    The main point about joining a military service is find the job you want before signing the contract, regardless of which branch.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 05:44 PM
    And to be honest wanting to serve, you don't want to join the marines unless you believe at least from the beginning that it is going to be a life long job. With most military there is a lot of opportunities and you will find that they have so much to offer for a young person.

If you are already thinking how fast can I get out, I doubt if they will be the branch of service for you
    redneck6 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    And to be honest wanting to serve, you don't want to join the marines unless you believe at least from the beginning that it is going to be a life long job. With most military there is alot of opportunities and you will find that they have so much to offer for a young person.

If you are already thinking how fast can I get out, I doubt if they will be the branch of service for you
    Well its not for me but my boyfriend he wants 2 go in 4 5 years but I want him to a shorter time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

College or Marines [ 38 Answers ]

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could give me some guidance. For the longest time I've wanted to serve my country, after September 11th my will became greater. I am a senior in high school and for the better half of the year I had been fixed on enlisting into the Marines right after I...

Am I too old for the Marines? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone: I always wanted to join the Marines. At 18 I wanted to enlist but I broke my leg and that was it. I am 25 now. Since that time most of my family wanted me to stay out of the military and I did. I had many jobs but I did't like any of them I always wanted something interesting and...

Scared About Marines [ 10 Answers ]

OK. I need some real good advice. Honestly my recruiter I think gives me bull and I've been trying to search someone who has any help for months. Now I'm honestly tired of trying to give people my life story but in a nut shell I was big fat and no muscle over a year ago and through high school...

Would I be able to handle the marines [ 5 Answers ]

I am a small lady I am not sure that my body would be able to take the beating. I would like to go in to the marines after high school. How much of my college fund will they pay? After that I would like to start a career in underwater welding but that is another topic.

Can I serve jail time to end my probation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently on probation for my 2nd M.I.P. (minor in possession of alcohol) in the state of Michigan. I was originally sentenced to 3 months of probation, but in the third week of my probation back in January, I unfortunately failed a drop. I got a violation, and the judge added 3 months to my...

View more questions Search