Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lala101 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 04:43 PM
    Retalitory evictions
    My apartment manager has been trying to evict me since December.She set me several 30 day letters,but she was unable to evict me per her management.Two months later I get another eviction notice for non payment of rent.I placed my money order in the drop box, which is very deep so nobody could have gotten into it.I had the receipt and proved that it hadnever been cashed.Then a month later she calledme and said thanks ay advised for dropping the payment. I accused her of losing my monery order to which she replied that she didn't.She also had be on video dropping the payment.When I asked her were
    She foun the payment she advised that she found it the drop box, I asked her if she saw on the camera she said it was late at night and she couldn't see.Then about a month later she called the police to my house while I was not home and they detained my child's father
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jul 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Always give your payments in person and get a receipt right away, having a witness helps
    lala101 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Retalitory evictions
    My apartment manager has been trying to evict me since December.She set me several 30 day letters,but she was unable to evict me per her management.Two months later I get another eviction notice for non payment of rent.I placed my money order in the drop box, which is very deep so nobody could have gotten into it.I had the receipt and proved that it had never been cashed.Then a month later she called me and said thanks ay advised for dropping the payment. I accused her of losing my money order to which she replied that she didn't.She also had be on video dropping the payment.When I asked her were
    She found the payment she advised that she found it the drop box, I asked her if she saw on the camera she said it was late at night and she couldn't see.Then about a month later she called the police to my house while I was not home and they detained my child's father
    For absolutely no reason.They ran him for warrants in which they had none at the time,
    But his parole office placed absolutely on him right then for abscounding and it was proven later that he had reported to his PO.Now I'm getting evicted.She also called the police to my home while was not present.She called out of retaliation.Why would she call for nothing.
    Also she had been using her personal relationship with the police to intimidate and harass me.Since she is no longer a manager there have been no police around.Can I beat this eviction and sue the manger for calling the police and then giving them the keys to my house after she provoked them?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 04:56 PM
    First why is she doing this ? But you go to the eviction hearing and present your evidence, with all courts, it is hard to say what they will do.

You may sue the police for entering your home, without a warrant or permission from your child's fathers PO, they can not just enter your home. The manager does not have that authority, I am not sure you can sue her unless you can prove her police reports are all false.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lala101
    My apartment manager has been trying to evict me since December.She set me several 30 day letters,but she was unable to evict me per her management.Two months later I get another eviction notice for non payment of rent.I placed my money order in the drop box, which is very deep so nobody could have gotten into it.I had the receipt and proved that it hadnever been cashed.Then a month later she calledme and said thanks ay advised for dropping the payment. I accused her of loosing my monery order to which she replied that she didn't.She also had be on video dropping the payment.When I asked her were
    she foun the payment she advised that she found it the drop box, I asked her if she saw on the camera she said it was late at night and she couldn't see.Then about a month later she called the police to my house while I was not home and they detained my childs father

I understand what has happened - what is your question?
    rockinmommy Posts: 1,123, Reputation: 82
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 07:12 PM
    From your description of the situation, there's definitely some misconduct on her part.

As a landlord what I have to question is why on earth would she be so intent on evicting you? If you pay your rent on time, take care of your apartment, and generally follow your lease and the property rules, what possible problem could this woman have with you? Good tenants are hard to come by... you don't just try to evict someone for no reason.

Doesn't make much sense.
    starfirefly Posts: 397, Reputation: 33

Jul 9, 2008, 08:58 PM
    lala101 agrees: thanks 4 nothing.

YOUR WELCOME
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinmommy
    From your description of the situation, there's definitely some misconduct on her part.

As a landlord what I have to question is why on earth would she be so intent on evicting you? If you pay your rent on time, take care of your apartment, and generally follow your lease and the property rules, what possible problem could this woman have with you? Good tenants are hard to come by...you don't just try to evict someone for no reason.

Doesn't make much sense.

If you read through the OP's other posts it starts to come together - questions about being on parole, boyfriend arrested in this same apartment when OP not present (don't know if management was aware, don't know if it's a problem with him living there), HUD housing. Management has wanted OP "out" for months.

The rest remains fill in the blanks - but OP hasn't been happy with answers to other questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evictions and notices [ 1 Answers ]

What is the next procedure after a 3 day pay or quit is served

Foreclosure evictions in virginia [ 2 Answers ]

My neighbor's home has been foreclosed on; how long does she have before she is evicted? Is there a timeline for this?

State of SC law on evictions [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to determine the SC laws related to evicting someone who has lived in you home as a guest for more than 30 days. Thanks,

Boyfriend Evictions [ 4 Answers ]

How can I evict my boyfriend living in my house in VA who refuses to leave? VA Police indicate that since my boyfriend is a resident of my home he has a right to be there. Does he have recourse if I simply change the locks or do I need to legally evict him?

View more questions Search