Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MeaganCheerBaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 07:32 PM
    I base, fly and back so for flexibility:

Left/right leg- lunge with hands on the ground for 1 minute, then lean back on your other leg so its like you're sitting on your knees excpet with one straight out and get your chest down on you knee for 1 minute, then go into your split and try and get your chest on your knee for 1 minute, then if you're completely in your split on the ground try to pull up your back leg toward your head for 1 minute. The switch legs.

Middle- sit in a straddle and get your chest down on one leg, then on the ground in the middle, then the other leg. Then go into your middle split and try and pick one leg up and then put it down then the other.

Tips- Don't open your hips in your split, be able to have your hips facing the direction of your front leg like headlights. Make sure your feet aren't rolled in because when you're jumping, it will look really bad.

As for stunting, make sure you pinch a penny in your butt, pull up your shoulders while keeping them relaxed, and squeeze your abs REALLY tight. Fir your ankle, I would say an ankle brace might help. You might want to ask your backspot to really hold your ankles steady.

Hope this helps, and sorry for being extremely long.
    SHOCK FOREVER
    Live.Luv.Cheer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2011, 03:32 PM
    Im A Back For Cheerleading And To Practice My Heel Stretch I
    1)Run and Kick My Leg Real High To The Side
    2)Stretch In My Spare Time
    3)Lie On My Back And Have A Friend Press My Leg To My Chest Til It Burns Or For 15 Seconds
    AND
    4) Practice It Over And Over Again Till I Nail It For 10 Seconds
    ias4life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2012, 12:19 PM
    What we do at my gym is, the flyer gets on her knees, the back spot stands behind her keeping her knees against the flyers butt so that the flyer doesn't sit and keeps her hips above her legs. Which ever heel stretch your trying to pull, pull it while your on your knees. One of the bases is in front helping push her leg up while the back spot is helping pull it up too. It seems to really work for us. Hope it works for you. Good luck!
    cheerforlife Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Being a flyer is nothing to be scared of. Just never look down. The direction that you look, is the direction you will go. Head up(: and keep your hips straight. And this is weird, but pretend you have a penny between you butt cheeks and squeeze it. It will feel odd, but it holds you up! And hold up your own weight. The last thing you want is your bases to catch dead weight. Breathe in air, and lift your chest, and it will make you lighter. I hope this helps. I've been a flyer for six years now and I've learned about everything you need to know(:
    Alanna Race Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2012, 08:12 AM
    Im also having the same problem, I just started flying about 2 weeks ago and I need lots of advice on it, I'm not scared to go up or try anything new, but I'm a lot flexible in my right then left. Also I need help pulling up.
    cheer4life Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
    Hey hey! I literally watch TV in my splits :) haha and I can kick in to a \n overstretch :) just SIT in your splits as long as you can :)
    Oh! And hug your leg when your sitting!
    Needle scales on the wall works too! :)
    SoftballStar7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2012, 02:42 PM
    I'm a cheerleader and I used to fly, front, and back, but now I'm a main base. Since I'm lefty, the way I got my right heel stretch was going into my splits in the morning when I woke up, and in the night before I went to sleep. Also, do a ton of other stretches for even easier flexibility while going into your heelstretch. I got mine within a week, or so, but I'm just naturally flexible. Anyway, like the other comment, before practice take a long hot shower to loosen up your muscles. (: I hope this works!!
    BreaKMe4Life Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 03:37 PM
    I also can't get my needle or my heel stretch but I am getting clse by stretching every night before bed and during the weekends. also while watching tv you could sit in the spilts or a toe touch position and lean forward. Also if your basses tell you that your toeing it the pull up your big toe, it helps you put weight on you heal and flatened out. And if you are healing then do the oposite. :) [/CODE]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Achilles Heel Pain [ 2 Answers ]

My left achilles heel is really sore and I was just wondering if anyone know what I can do to heal it quickly, I have been putting ice packs on it and massaging it but it still hurts. Especially in the morning when I get up out of bed or when I sit for long periods. Can someone please help because...

Heel pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am a runner. I just had a baby 5 months ago and I ran through the whole pregnancy. I did a 10K race about 2 weeks ago and really pushed myself to get a good time. My problem is the run I did right after this race I noticed half way through it that I got a shooting pain on the inner part of...

Painful heel [ 2 Answers ]

44 years old Female 175lbs 5'8 I have been experiencing sharp heel pains on the right side of my left foot.

Heel Pain [ 4 Answers ]

I Have A Pain In The Side Of My Heel On My Right Side Of My Heel And It Is Killing Me What Could It Be

View more questions Search