Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TweetyB Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2006, 01:59 AM
    How to start over after along term relationship
    I don't know how to feel for someone else.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2006, 05:51 AM
    Hi, tweety,
    It's hard. At 20 yrs old, my high school sweetheart (which I thought we would eventually be married) found someone else... after knowing her all my life! Took me a year before I could date again.
    It will take awhile, maybe months before you might feel like really trying to meet new boys/men. Remember; when you feel like meeting new people, SMILE; it really helps. Talk about them, not yourself. Show them you are interested in them, and they in turn, will start asking about you. I do wish you the best of luck, and hang in there. It will happen for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2006, 07:35 AM
    Hello tweety you did not say how long yourrelationship was and your age now. If you lost your partner of 30 years or a partner of 3 months. To many a 3 month relationshiop seems like a long time.

But it will just take time and of course all past relastionships

And often it just takes time and staying with other people

Mar 26, 2006, 02:56 PM
    We were together for 9yrs everything I did, saw and felt was with him. We talks every blue moon but mostly it be on the computer because I have someone now, who I naturally care about but don't love it won't hurt if this guy leaves. Theirs not a day I don't think of my ex and I've talk to this boy about it so if he feels the need to move on do so . I don't want to hurt nobody or lead them on this guy is marriage type and all, but for me I still see myself spending the rest of my life with my ex.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2006, 03:35 AM
    You are going to be this way after being with someone for so long. Getting over someone takes time and allowing yourself to love again is not easy.

I was with a guy for two years and when we split up I found it hard to even kiss another guy at first. Slowly and surely I started dating again and had a couple of relationships - but to me it was nothing serious and they only fizzled out. It was not until nearly 2 yrs after splitting up with my ex that I actually ended up meeting a guy (Pete) who I fell head over heels for. It just so happens that I have lived next door to him for 4yrs and have actually know him to say hello too. My Dad is very good friends with his family and I had always thought to myself how gorgepus he was and what a nice person he was. I never actually though I would end up going out with him, I never thought I would fall in love with him. I tried so hard not to allow myself to love him through fear of getting hurt again, but I let him in and allowed myself to love him and allowed him to love me which is the best thing I have ever done in my life.

You just need to carry on being yourself, doing your own thing and get out there and meet new people. Don't go looking for ,ove. Love will come looking for you.
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2006, 06:40 AM
    Hi,
    Nine years is a long time; and as others have said, it will take time to get over it.
    You won't completely forget, but will eventually get to the point that you want to talk with others, and have a good time.
    Took me a year to get over my first love; many, many years ago.
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

Mar 29, 2006, 08:30 AM
    Tweaty, I just got out of a 4 year relationship, knew the girl for 6 years. The one thing that someone said to me that REALLY helped answer some questions was in looking for that same connection. That same closeness, like they are a part of you. That will never be the same with someone else, it will be different, it will feel different, they are different. But that doesn't mean that its not going to be better. My girl moved out on good terms about a month ago, but I told her then that I wasn't waiting for her to come back. I have been out and got about 6 girls numbers, but no call backs. Don't look for love, you can't find it, it will find you.

And just so you know, even when I am talking to another girl at the bar and what-not, my ex might as well be right next to me. And she will always be there, but I am starting to not really mind. I loved her and I will love another... eventually. Don't worry you will meet someone and you won't see it coming...

Don't look for love.

JC

Mar 29, 2006, 01:14 PM
    Thank you so much .
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 01:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TweetyB
    Thank you so much .
    You are more than welcome. Just so glad we could all assist you. I hope you are feeling better about things now xx
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2006, 05:26 AM
    Hi, tweety,
    You are quite welcome, and I do wish you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the medical term for... [ 1 Answers ]

I have sensitive skin that can easily react to temperature change, heat, stress, anxiety, embarrassment, and sometimes even touch. Red blotches/marks appear on my face, neck, and upper arms. It appears quickly and takes a while for it to go away. It is not anxiety centered, like it used to be. What...

I'm Lost doing term papers; please help... [ 4 Answers ]

I need a way to do papers... I find my sources good but I don't know how to incorporate it in to a paper... I don't know how to do a page worth of intro... I don't want to plagerize but sometimes I have to.. just with paraphrasions... :(

What does the term Suspended Jail Time mean? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently went to municipal court on a DUI case (Im 19, got pulled over for a trespassing complaint on a passenger in my car, and blew a BAC of .05 in Alabama). Alabama's underage tolerance is .02 BAC. The judge basically fined me $1000+ with a 6 month suspended jail time. I was wondering what...

Friends, to long term to ex's [ 10 Answers ]

I love my ex to death, I want him to love me, but were not tougether anymore, I love him with my whole heart, and he's the only boy I've ever wanted to spend my life with, and now he's gone, and I know he's having just a hard time as I am.even when we were dating, he couldn't tell me he loved me....

MS Access - Long Term Varialbe? [ 4 Answers ]

I set up users in a database on a daily basis. There has been a recent change where I need to assign each of them to a number between 800 and 899, in sequential order. How can I do this, using VB or ACCESS, so that the variable isn't lost when the application is closed? In other words, if I add a...

View more questions Search