Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SD Learner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2006, 12:54 AM
    Relating to
    As an English language learner, when& how should I use "relating to" & "related to"?

The difference in using these two words isn't clear to me. Any help.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2006, 08:23 AM
    They are similar enough that in many cases, excepting for a family relationship of people, you can use them interchangeably.

Can you show us a sentence or three where you're wondering which one to use?
    jwpowless Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 07:04 PM
    I am related to my sister, because we have the same mother.

I am not relating to my sister very well, though, since she is a girl and likes to watch Oprah, and I would rather watch Baywatch!

I hope that helps!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 6, 2006, 02:32 AM
    In those sentences, you are using the word correctly. Yes, it may look or sound odd to someone who learns ESL, but it is correct.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Question relating to probability [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I got a question relating to Probability. I will be thankful to you if I could get a suitable answer along with illustration for this. regards, Murthy Question is : There is Tournment with 50 teams. A Team that lost for 3 matches has to quit the tournment. What would be the...

Evaluating Technical Topics Relating to OS's [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know a good issue today dealing with operating systems that a business must deal with? To clarify, I am writing a paper in which a fictitious company must provide a report to its management evaluating a problem that needs solved relating to operating systems in some way. We're...

View more questions Search