Ask
    nikol_11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 08:03 AM
    A new laptop of toshiba how to remove the password in bios

Toshiba a300 and to remove the password in bios need help
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 05:49 AM
    What is your exact model of laptop. There may be nothing you can do, but I'll look around. If a laptop has a security password (usually called a bios password/lock), and you forget the password, the laptop becomes a paperweight.

Desktop systems can bypass the bios password by just removing the CMOS battery for 10 minutes, then putting it back... no more password.

Laptops store the password on a security chip that doesn't require a CMOS battery to remember the password. SOME laptops can have this security chip removed and replaced to "try" to get around the chip, but it's only 70% effective. And many NEW laptops can't be fixed this way at all.

The latest Toshiba laptops are this way. Sorry, that's my experience, maybe someone else can offer another miracle.

What's the exact model and is it a brand new laptop, or just new to you?
    MJF2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2011, 07:08 PM
    I got a toshiba satellite and the bios is locked up and I took out the cmos batt. And tried to reset it
    Serveral of time no luck but trying to find a way can you help?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2011, 05:17 AM
    You need to leave the CMOS battery out for a long time in order to reset the BIOS. Leave it out for a full day and night. And leave out the laptop battery too. Also leave it unplugged.

And by the way, start your own question instead of bumping a 3 year old post.
    Ixtiyar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 04:28 AM
    I cann't remmember Toshiba A 300 Salettlite's Bios parol. How can I broke this Bios Parol?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2011, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixtiyar View Post
    I cann't remmember Toshiba A 300 Salettlite's Bios parol. How can i broke this Bios Parol?
    If you are going to reply to a question, please read the previous answers.

Quote Originally Posted by FadedMaster View Post
    And by the way, start your own question instead of bumping a 3 year old post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toshiba Laptop Bios Password [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I had my friend setup a Bios password on my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop yesterday, and I lost the piece of paper he wrote the password on. When I asked him what he set it up as he said he forgot. We've been trying all sorts of things it could be, but no success. I use my laptop for my...

Toshiba laptop, bios password, power on password [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I just brought a laptop of a friend, he hasent used it in ages and has forgotten his bios password, the laptop is a toshiba satellite pro a10. We have no clue what the password is, and can't evan get to an xp screen because of it :( Any help would be greatly apprciated Cheers Jon

What is the Standard Bios Password for Toshiba A8 [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a discruntled employee add a bios password before booting on a toshiba A8 laptop. I have tried to crack the password with no joy so I done the next best thing and removed the cmos battery however this only resets the password to the original state therefore I need to know the toshiba a8...

BIOS password Toshiba [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop (TOSHIBA PORTEGE R200) is bios password is locked and I forget this password. Please send me solution thanks

Toshiba Tecra A2 BIOS password [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Toshiba Tecra A2 system, and it requests a password nearly as soon as it boots. I've tried to locate the CMOS battery, but was unsuccessful. I've searched Toshiba.com for resetting BIOS settings, but no luck so far. Is anyone familiar with resetting BIOS passwords of this model?

View more questions Search