Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kimberlyn Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Child support order
    I have recently submitted a request for child support from my daughters father.
    I have discovered that he is already paying child support for another child of his.
    How will an amount be determined regarding our child? We live in Oklahoma. He is married, and the wife makes more yearly than he or I.

>Moved from Forum Help<

I have recently submitted a request for child support from my daughters father.
    I have discovered that he is already paying child support for another child of his.
    How will an amount be determined regarding our child? We live in Oklahoma. He is married, and the wife makes more yearly than he or I. Our daughter is 16 and he spends no time with her, nor has he ever consistently helped take care of her.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 07:34 AM
    The 'other child' shouldn't make too much of a difference in the determination
    His wife's income has nothing to do with child support.
    Child support and spending time with her are two separate issues

What took you so long going after child support? Doesn't really matter---just wondering
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 07:49 AM
    <merge with>
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/parent...ad-234012.html
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyn
    How will an amount be determined regarding our child? We live in Oklahoma. He is married, and the wife makes more yearly than he or I.

>Moved from Forum Help<
    Here is some Okie information on child support: Child Custody and Support - Oklahoma Child Custody and Support Guidelines

Jul 5, 2008, 07:53 AM
    First of all God is good.
    Her father is a very intimdating man, and I felt it easier to not deal with him. He is very self centered and always finds a way to turn every situation around and make it about him... not her. Ex. Daughter got in trouble at school, and when he tried to talk to her about it, her teenage attitude got in the way ( I deal with it on a daily), and he told her amongst other things that she was stupid for not being able to pass her algebra class... she hung up in his face; he texted her and me and told us to "F" ourselves.
    Since then he has apologized to her, however, she doesn't want to talk to him. I have encouraged her to about she won't. Up until this point, he was sporadically sending $100 amonth, I haven't received any "support" since February.
    I work full time, and cannot afford health insurance. He knows our daughter doesn't have any insurance, however, he and one of his sons are covered by his wife's insurance...
    I am no longer intimidated, and want him to take care of his child.
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 08:03 AM
    I wouldn't worry about any of his 'issues' and go asap for child support

Jul 5, 2008, 08:40 AM
    I am not worried. Your right, they are HIS isssues.

I put the papers to start the process in the mail Friday.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 10:29 AM
    The only problem about having another child he is already paying on is if they have a garnishment on his pay, since there will be a max amount allowed for a garnishment, So be sure to get a court order for child support and make sure you get the payment to be a garnishment on his pay, so you don't have to wait on him to write a check
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Go to court and get an order. I don't remember if Oklahoma rewards the first child more money than more down the line. Some states do but you will still get something if he dosen't have his own health insurance he may not have to provide it for your daughter because his wife has no obligation to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fraudulent Child Support Orders [ 2 Answers ]

The mother of my two oldest children opened a child support case when she was on welfare, when I moved back to Ohio from West Virginia. She later moved to Kentucky and transferred the welfare benefits for our children and the child support orders to her mother claiming my kids lived with her. I...

What results if child visitation orders not being followed? [ 3 Answers ]

This is a theoretical question only for me, and not a real situation that has any effect on me. I am wondering if a court ordered child visitation is not followed in a divorce case, what can be done? Does the parent who is not getting visitation need to call the police? Does that parent have...

Child support orders [ 14 Answers ]

My ex has agreed to ask the courts for me to stop paying child support... she has filled out the form that the courts needs to stop this order, I have signed it and she has signed it.. will the courts give us any problems with this request? I am in the state of Wisconsin.

2 separate child support orders [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I recently separated (we have a 2yr old who lives with me) and though visitation isn't an issue, child support is. I can't afford a lawyer for the divorce right now but can I still get child support if we are separated (in PA)? Also, he pays child support from a previous relationship...

View more questions Search