Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TwinkletOes26 Posts: 182, Reputation: 2
    -

Jul 4, 2008, 04:58 PM
    About fidning a new job
    Hey I have a question that's kind of crazy but I really don't know the answer so here goes: How do you go about looking for a new job while you still have your old one?

How do you find the time to go to the new job interview?

How do you keep your current job from finding out?

What if your old job ask why you are leaving even if its something like you weren't happy there or the boss was a jerk?

Is it OK to wear flats instead of heels if they are closed toed because I got some cute new silver flats that are closed toed? My old college said that they were OK because they were closed toed
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 07:39 PM
    That is what always got me when I would say I was sick of my job and going to quit.
    Everybody would say 'O you have to find a new one first don't just quit!" I would say how do you go looking while you are always at work.

If a job application says can we contact your old/current employer check no and write that you are not ready for them to find out you are looking for something new.

Why you are leaving say something like wanted something with job advancement,
    Felt it was time to move on, the vaguer the better.
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Jul 4, 2008, 08:09 PM
    As far as dressing... it just depends on what job you're interviewing for. I don't see anything wrong with wearing flats as long as they're appropriate and are suitable with your outfit.

Try and search for jobs online when you're at home and apply if possible. If you land that interview, let your current job know ahead of time that you may be late or you need to leave early on that day.

Nohelp4u posted a good response about your current job. If some employers find out you're wanting to leave, they may find a replacement for you even if you don't get the other job you're interviewing for.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search