Jul 4, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Thank you for lending me
    The lounge for my picnic
    Since it was another crummy 4th for me
    Attached Images

twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2008, 04:23 PM
    You can come over to my house NoHelp for either a steak or burgers on the grill and some corn on the cob if you like. I'm going to start up the grill in a few minutes. How do you like your steak, medium or well done? Also I just got done cutting up a red watermelon for desert. Hope you like watermelon. Fire up your jet helicopter and be here in a flash for the free eats!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 06:07 AM
    Thank you but I am STILL stuffed! :D
    Thanks...

Excuse me...
    Attached Images

J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Hey, I had to work on the 4th!! 7pm to 7 am. Just got home. Want to get any crummier? LOL
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Yeah, three years in a row ruined 4th at this point if I can't make it to next yr I think I would prefer working BUT yeah that is crummy to HAVE to work for the 4th!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 5, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Yeah, and hubby brought me a plate from the BIG picnic, BUT, I never got a chance to eat it!! :( Too many pregnant women either decided to go into labor or get dehydrated. :eek: :eek:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    the lounge for my picnic
    since it was another crummy 4th for me
    I mowed the lawn, planted 10 shrubs along my new fence, weeded the flower beds, couldn't get the grill to light so I broiled a steak INSIDE (blech!), comforted my frantic dogs during the fireworks (I can now say, "Okay, it's okay, you're okay, it's just fireworks" in my sleep) and got tricked into adopting a cockatiel, which by the way, is not overly friendly and tried to peck out my eyeballs as a thank-you for providing it with a good home.

Little did I know if I had called Twinkie I would have been invited over. Or maybe just nohelp4u was invited. Well, I could have picked her up on my way to Twinkie's and then we would both show up and would Twinkie turn just me away - ?

I could have gotten together with my dysfunctional family but at the moment there's not enough alcohol in the world to persuade me that THAT is a good idea.

I would have preferred to work. Or maybe I did work, I just didn't get paid.

Note to J9 - so by my calculation all those pregnant women had a very boring October ( or September), nothing to do and so - ?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Judy - of course you are always welcome at my cookouts! All you had to do is show up and bring your appetite along. My freezer is packed with lots of goodies to burn, er, grill... I guess I watched my late husband burn a few too many steaks and think that's the way it's done(?) His idea of grilling a steak was to make it the consistency of shoe leather. I had plenty of stuff...

Also, just listening to what you did tired me out. I had to take a nap I was so tired out. Yawn...

As for all those nutty pregnant ladies... they sure fixed your holiday J9, hmmm sorry to hear that. What do they do in your town for fun except... LOL! Yes, I'm naughty I know..

I don't drink alcohol anymore regardless of the holiday. My son and I built a garden bench out of scrap pretreated lumber. It's a mommy/sonny project (and looks like it with wobbly 4X4 legs). Usually we get drunk before we do projects, sometimes after we do projects. This year we just skipped the booze and went straight for the screwed up project with no lame excuse of "we were drunk" when we built it.

But if you all do show up, whatever you do, PLEASE bring some potato and macaroni salad (I'm really a gourmet potato and macaroni salad afficianado in disguise). I happily put back all the weight I lost last year eating all the stuff I deprived me of for a year so a few more helpings of forbidden salad won't hurt me.

You're all more than invited anytime. Just jump in your jet helicopters and call me from the airport less than 3 miles from my home and I'll send over my limousine to get you all!
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Judy that sounds too much like work. You might of well have went to the hospital with J_9 with all that it might have been more enjoyable!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    Judy that sounds too much like work. You might of well have went to the hospital with J_9 with all that it might have been more enjoyable!

Well, I DID offer to drive on down/up/over and eat the picnic supper her husband delivered because she was too busy to eat it herself but she never responded.

Next year, remember - I'm picking you up and we're going to Twinkie's!
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2008, 05:00 PM
    Taking me ANYWHERE would make me eternally grateful cause I got to get out of this place!

4th of July is the ONLY nice day in the 'burgh and as I said CRUMMY the past 3 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lending money to my daughter for house purchase [ 4 Answers ]

I want to support my 23 yr old daughter in buying a property with her friend. She earns a very low wage qnd does not have agod credit record. I am giving her £20,000 and I want to support her in borrowing a further £30,000. I am willing to borrow the extra on my mortgage. How do I make sure that...

Preditory lending? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to refinance with countrywide bank for approx. 2 months now. At first I was told we didn't need any money down except the inspection fee of 395.00. Then because we have a septic system(wich they had known about already) we were told we would have to tie into the city sewer but...

Lending to Borrowers [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to lend money to borrowers because my CD is about to mature and the rate is going to be horrible. Is there a solid way to lend money and set your own interest rate? Our a website that coordinates small loans for lenders? I know the risk would be a default but what are the laws...

North Alliance Lending Services [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone been scammed by North Alliance Lending Services?

View more questions Search