Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2sexi4words Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 04:11 PM
    Bad teeth
    I am a teenage girl who has had bullimia for nearly 3 years. My teeth are so bad one has rotted and the other one has lost its filling. Im to scared to go to the dentist and now I have no dentist till August but I'm scared of this tooth rotting as well its near the front of my mouth and noticeable is there anything I can do to save it till I see the dentist. Any tooth fillers some are really bad and won't stay in. Will dental wax work? Please help I'm in pain and really scared.thanks.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2008, 06:28 PM
    What kind of pain are you experiencing? Is the tooth sensitive to cold, sweet, heat or pressure? If the tooth is sensitive to heat or pressure I wouldn't recommend you put anything in the hole as the tooth may be abscessed and you could end up in worse pain than you are now.
    If you purge after binging your teeth probably have acid erosion. The acid in your mouth after you vomit causes the enamel of the teeth to soften. It is NOT a good idea to brush your teeth right after vomiting, just rinse with water. Wait about 30 minutes before brushing. Sensodyne makes a paste called ProEnamel that if used on a daily basis will slow down the erosion process.
    I would make an appointment with a dentist before August and have these immediate concerns taken care of.
    The other thing that concerns me is that you have been bulimic for 3 yrs. Have you seen your doctor for help with this?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad teeth [ 3 Answers ]

I have bad teeth and was wondering if the bad teeth could cause Headache ,neck pain and dizziness also drowsiness

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

View more questions Search