Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rupert Negley Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Jul 4, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Auto insurance re:imperfect credit
    Recently I offered to allow my son to be on my auto insurance policy so he could get a car to drive. My ex-wife informed me that her insurance agent advised her that if she allowed our son to be on my insurance policy, that he then would have my less than perfect CREDIT RATING for the next seven years. Could this be true?
    TheCleaner Posts: 152, Reputation: 3

Jul 6, 2008, 05:29 AM
    No, it is not true but your insurance premium is going trough the roof, I been there
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2008, 06:33 AM
    No, allowing your child to be on your insurance does not effect your credit one way or the other ( unless you can't afford to pay that high price)
    But remember this does place some liablity on you if he is in a accident.
    And it can effect your insurance premiums for his accidents, he tickets and more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New auto insurance [ 6 Answers ]

I've been driving for two years now but only as an additional driver on my aunt and uncle's so my car insurance has been reasonably priced. But now I'm looking into buying a new car and even with all of the possible discounts my current insurance company (state farm) wants to nearly double that...

Auto Insurance [ 16 Answers ]

For someone that is 22 year-old, is having his the last semster in college ( Won't be a student after this semester)... what is the best auto insurance package? Is that a good idea to be part of my parents' policy? Can he still be part of his parents' policy? What will happen after he graduates in...

Auto Insurance [ 3 Answers ]

My 2007 Toyota Avalon was hit by another driver, and the damage is going to be above $5000. Would it be a good idea to ask for depreciation compensation? If so, how much. Thanks.

Auto insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about "aig" are they reputable? Thks noboat

View more questions Search