broadspectrum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2008, 01:45 AM
    Hair Ruined
    Recently got some highlights on to light brown hair.My fringe is ruined
    And over processed .It is now breaking off every time I comb it
    What should I do and not do to help stop breakage:(
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jul 5, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Get a reconstructing conditioner and do 2 or 3 treatments a week to restructure and rebuild your hair... my favorties are "Redken Extreme" or "Joico Reconstructor". And definitely stay away from hair color for a while to let your hair have time to rebuild and restrengthen. Continue treatments and use a good shampoo and conditioner from a salon, as the over the counter stuff just doesn't have what it takes to get you hair into shape.
    MariaLee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Like jenn said I would use Joico reconstructor it's called K pak. I'm a hairstylist and I've used so many different ones. The Joico one actually won best reconstructor at the hairstylist awards. Be careful when you use it though because reconstructors have protein in them and while they help to make your hair stronger some people do say that using them too much can cause more breakage. I would only use it about every 3 to 5 washes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am ruined [ 1 Answers ]

In the post previous to this one, I explain a small amount of why I haven't seen my daughter which I cannot handle at all. Not being able to see her in the years has ate at my soul and I occasionally break down. Yesterday I drove an hour on the freeway. Half way through, I was praying and...

Am I ruined after Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

I am at a cross roads with my career and would like some advice. I have been with my current employer for 16 years. My current position is being eliminated in Massachusetts, but have been offered to be relocated to Florida for another position, same salary. The current home I live in is killing...

My Mom ruined our vacation [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I planned a trip to the beach this week, but our mother insisted on trying to ruin it. When we got to the beach, my sister had a glass of wine and I had a couple of beers - we were at the beach you know! She was "shocked" that I had a couple of beers. I'm a 48 year old adult, my...

I've ruined my hair [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me , I've died the front part of my hair a copper/ginger colour , except my hair is a dark blonde to light brown colour and its come out looking like my hair has rusted! My mum saw and went spastic and she said I won't be able to go to school until it comes out!! It is a...

Hair Got Ruined Need Help [ 1 Answers ]

I had very light brown hair with highlights. But my highlights on the top of my head had blended and you couldn't distinguish the highlight. I went to the beauty solon and asked if they could put in a little color between the highlight just enough to define the highlight, my roots also needed to...

View more questions Search