Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverpetals Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 10:11 PM
    What is the best way to buy a car?Where should I loan?
    I want to get a Honda Fit which is around $15,000 and I want to get it right away. How can I do that when I have nothing to put down yet? I'm 19, so I'm just starting to work for my ca, but I would also like to get a loan. Where is the best place to do that? At the bank, or online? Where would I get the smallest interest rates?

Also is there anything else I should know that could help me during this process?

Thank you very much!
    wingrun Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Jul 5, 2008, 12:01 AM
    First of all I usually wouldn't recommend someone of your age to get in that large of a debt. I am assuming you are first year college student who works part time.

The easiest and fastest way probably is to get it through the dealership you are buying it from. I've heard many advertisements from Honda about special student offers but that might be different in every state. The auto industry isn't doing too well lately so I assume they are willing to offer good interest rates.

Another option for you if you go to school is student loan. This option will be considered unethical to some but in my point of view it is a smart move (my explanation is lengthy so I won't bother typing). I have to warn you that student loan is not intended to be used for such purposes but as long as you formerly don't disclose what you are exactly borrowing for you can use the fund as you please. You might not want to pay the whole car off with student loan but maybe make a down payment with it so you have lower monthly payments.
    KCDave Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 8, 2008, 09:43 AM
    The best way to buy a car is with CASH! If you don't have it, don't buy it! Getting a car loan and putting 0 down is dumb and at 19 it's dumb and stupid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I get a 401 K loan or Home Equity loan [ 4 Answers ]

I owe about $ 25,000 on various credit cards with interest ranging from 17 % to 30 %. I am barely able to make the minimum payments. In addition, I owe $14,000 ($ 500 a month) on the car with 7 % and 3 years to go. Because I have bad credit, I was able to get one bank to offer me a Home Equity...

401K Loan vs. Home Equity Loan [ 3 Answers ]

I need $50,000 for a kitchen remodel. I can get a 401K loan 5 yr term 9.25 interest - total payments add up to 62,000 or so with a monthly payment of roughly $1,050. That payment is is tough on my current budget so I was considering a Home Equity Loan with a longer term. I know there are a...

401k loan and pulling momey out of a 401k to pay the loan off [ 2 Answers ]

I have just turned 591/2 and have a 5,000 dollar loan from my 401k... can I withdraw monies to pay this loan off... and how much will I be taxed if I do? Mickey Huddleston

View more questions Search