Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tckluck Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 08:15 PM
    Children's Movie Title (1980's?)
    hello everyone! I remember watching this movie as a child, but I only remember a random scene. I believe it's from the 1980's... the kids are running/hiding from someone or they have been kidnapped(?), and they end up on a treasure hunt in a cave. I believe it has something to do with ghosts, or they think they are ghosts. I know I'm being vague, but it's been driving me crazy forever! Thanks for any help you can give me!
    tropikool Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 08:41 PM
    Is it the goonies? Lol that movie was made in 1985

Jul 3, 2008, 08:49 PM
    No, it's not the goonies, although in re-reading my description it does sound the same! Lol this movie was not made nearly as well-possibly a made for TV movie. And I want to say it involves a kidnapping or the kids being stuck in a house or the cave?
    tropikool Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 09:14 PM
    well my mums got a whole bunch of 1980s movies ill have a look through them when I visit her and ask her if she knows the movie your trying to find =)

Jul 4, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Thank you so much! I'll be driving myself crazy in the meantime!
    Revan Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Have you had any luck finding the movie? If not, can you describe the treasure hunt in the cave more clearly? I'm looking for a movie myself, I don't know how old it is, but certainly no older than the early 80s, and the scene I remember is of a small blond girl talking to a ghost? Or something in a crevasse in a cave with lightning emanating from it. :) can't remember much else, but I'm still looking for it.
    scarberryt Posts: 71, Reputation: 15

Nov 29, 2008, 02:29 AM
    Fortress ?
    stellar_kar Posts: 71, Reputation: 8

Nov 30, 2008, 01:25 AM

Is it this?
    George's Island (1989)
    necovska27 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tckluck View Post
    hello everyone! i remember watching this movie as a child, but i only remember a random scene. i believe it's from the 1980's...the kids are running/hiding from someone or they have been kidnapped(?), and they end up on a treasure hunt in a cave. i believe it has something to do with ghosts, or they think they are ghosts. i know i'm being vague, but it's been driving me crazy forever! thanks for any help you can give me!!
    Could it be "The Goonies".
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by necovska27 View Post
    Could it be "The Goonies".

Once again... already posted. It was the first answer... however this is not the movie.
    Read all the posts before you answer. It saves you time :) just trying to help ;)
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2008, 08:22 AM

Quinn had this answer for another question... kind of fits?

Crystalstone (1988)
    memaiero Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2009, 04:28 AM

Wow, yeah I can't believe I just randomly found George's Island!
    apeman69 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 12:26 PM
    It sounds like " mystery mansion" from 1983

Susan and her brother Johnny go to spend the summer with their aunt and uncle, where they discover a map that may lead to some sort of treasure. Susan had been having nightmares about a girl, Rachel, who disappeared in a nearby mansion, now old and abandoned. Eventually, Susan and Johnny, along with their cousin Billy, begin a quest to find the treasure, as well as the answers to Rachel's disappearance. While they are doing this 2 escaped convicts are also looking for the same treasure!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title of 1980's kids movie? [ 6 Answers ]

There was a children's movie I watched when I was younger, I'm guessing it came out in the early 1980's. I only remember bits and pieces... There was a kid, and their stuffed animals came to life at night and sang and danced. One of them was a dog, and he sang about wanting to be a rockstar and...

Title of Dancing Movie from the 1980's? [ 2 Answers ]

A group of kids move to NY, rent and fix up an apartment. They go into restaurants and put on a show and pass a hat around to earn money. They are trying to get into a dance contest. They end up meeting the wife of the man who originally wanted them in the contest (he has since passed away). She...

Children's movie from mid 1980's [ 1 Answers ]

What is the title of the mid 1980's children movie where a boy is sent to his room and there a lot of scenes, while he is in his bedroom, one of which a giant shoe comes down in front of him. It is called something like "waddley woo zoo" or something to that effect. Anyone know the title?

Heart in jar movie in 1980's - title? [ 1 Answers ]

There was a movie I recall watching that had couple of older kids (high school aged) leading a younger group of students trying to avoid being captured by couple of bad men (or possibly one bad man). They were in a schoolhouse (old fashioned type) but set in that present time era (1980’s or...

Name of Children's movie 1980's [ 2 Answers ]

I was 4 years old and can only remember snatches of film. About a boy who had ailing grandma. Wanted to get her magic apples. Goes to another world through mirror with this furball creature (in one incident he gets thrown in washing machine). There's an evil witch who has this tree with apples to...

View more questions Search