Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naplk56 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Jelly Fish
    We have been going to the Florida Gulf Cost for 30 years and have notice that jelly fish always seem to be in the waters now, seems to be more of a problem the last 2 years. Is there a reason that they are more abundant now? Is there a summer month that they are less a problem?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2008, 10:00 AM
    My guess would be the increased strength and number of hurricanes to blow
    Through the gulf in recent years brought a good many displaced jellyfish with them.
    The warm gulf waters are ideal for their massive breeding blooms as well so their numbers are multiplying rapidly.
    There has been talk for a while now that human impact on the marine life in
    The gulf such as overfishing is also a contributor to the rise in their population.
    Jellyfish wash ashore all year long, so there's never a time where they can be avoided.
    Whether you'll encounter none, a few, or many depends on the weather and which way the wind is blowing.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jul 15, 2008, 11:28 PM
    I can't remember which species it is, but AKae hinted at one problem - overfishing has reduced the number of jellyfish predators. As happens in any ecosystem, remove the predators and the prey flourishes (just ask anyone trying to keep deer in the suburbs from eating the landscaping... :D )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

There are no fish under the ice. [ 6 Answers ]

A blonde wanted to go ice fishing. She’d seen many books on the subject, And finally getting all the necessary tools together, she made for the ice. After positioning her comfy footstool, she started to make a circular Cut in the ice. Suddenly, from the sky, a voice boomed, “THERE ARE NO...

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

Wobbly jiggly jelly like thighs! [ 2 Answers ]

I have such horrible inner thighs, I'm about 13 stone at the mo. And my thighs are so unfirm and wobbly its horrible!! I'm starting to lose weight at the moment and would like some info on how to tone up my inner thighs really fast! As I'm going on hols in less than 2 weeks! Dnt get me wrong, I...

View more questions Search